Anyone ever find any uncirculated silver?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Early on in my CRHing career when I was still finding good amounts, I used to find quite a bit of AU/BU appearing silver halves. My guess is that the coins sat in a collection for years and then got dumped at the bank. I once had a single box that had several proof and mint strikes that looked like they came right from a collection, all nearly perfect condition.

I guess these types of coins might have a slight premium if you can find a buyer. I would personally keep the really great ones for my own collection.

Most proof and mint sets from 1964 on are fairly inexpensive to buy, so if someone really wanted an "untouched" coin such as these they can buy one plus get the smaller denomination coins as well.

Jim

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Few months ago when we had a record braking 20 Box find where 19 of 20 had Silver, don't have exact numbers but do remember noting well over half the Halves were in not technically uncircumcised condition but so close, you know full rims and all- hundreds of them in a 758 Silver find; we theorize most came from a collection that had been saved for couple decades to be in such good condition as these were.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Stumpy,
I got a nice lode of BU/AU 1964 kennedy's a week ago. Check my posting to see
the photo of the coins in my hand. Many of the 1967, 68 and 69 40%er's in the photos
were also very nice.
Keep hunting and good luck
rileyboy

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
Few months ago when we had a record braking 20 Box find where 19 of 20 had Silver, don't have exact numbers but do remember noting well over half the Halves were in not technically uncircumcised condition but so close, you know full rims and all- hundreds of them in a 758 Silver find; we theorize most came from a collection that had been saved for couple decades to be in such good condition as these were.

Huh? I think that's a slip of the ...er...tongue.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Kantuckkeean said:
obediah said:

Huh? I think that's a slip of the ...er...tongue.

;D Yeah you can keep those halves....

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some pretty nice silvers. I would say some of thm are AU quality.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I found one half dollar 2009 Salabed NGC PR 70 Ultra Cam in the holder. A Rich kid
probably took it from his dad collection according to what the teller told me.

I posted here about 1 or two months ago.

Also I found a 1970 half Pr and I think it is a PR 68

CB

Attachments

• pr70.JPG
    pr70.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 222
  • kenn1970S.JPG
    kenn1970S.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 219
  • pr70.JPG
    pr70.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 218
  • kenn1970S.JPG
    kenn1970S.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 218

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing is also the pride of finding the coins by pure CRH.

I mean, any body can go to buy these coins since they are not very expensive.

You can get a PR 1970 set for about $12 or salbed by NGC 70 from $ 48 to $120.

So even if you have uncirculated 1970 halves impaired proofs dealers wont pay you a premium.

DW

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Yep, but not as much as some of the posters here. But I have some very nice stuff that I put aside just in case the "Silver Rush" comes as many predict! ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread