coin roll hunting

luckyduckie

Greenie
Apr 13, 2005
i got $100 in dimes from my bank yesterday. nothing but clad and one foreign coin. it seems banks here in new jersey won't get you coin unless you are a customer of thiers. that will make my job harder to do. my bank says i need to order a minimum of $500 in half dollars to get them. what can i do to get past this problem? any other places to get rolled coins?

chuck the fxpert

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would recommend getting accounts at several different banks and keep close to the minimum in each one. Then you are a member and can do what you please :)

Plus, you can also use one bank branch as your drop-off for all of your searched coins so that you hopefully won't get them back!

Check coinstar machines, grocery stores, etc. for more rolled coins.

OP
OP
L

luckyduckie

Greenie
Apr 13, 2005
i think it was some sort of dime sized silver coin from one of the banana republic countries. i wrapped it up agian and took all the dimes back to the bank.

chuck the fxpert

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I use one bank to exchange all of my rolls for cash. Plus, this greatly decreases the odds that I will get rolls that I have already searched. I travel the state a lot, so I get a lot of rolls from small towns. I find my self sitting around waiting while I'm on the job, so I go to the local bank, and get rolls to search. Then when I head to the next jobsite, I exchange them for cash at a local bank, then go to another bank in the same town to get more rolls. Some days I probably go through over $1000 in rolled coins. I usually only do dimes & halves because they are quick & easy to search, and have the greatest silver return. My kids want to do a "Coin Trip" where we go from bank, to bank, to bank buying , searching & cashing in rolls while heading across the state. I hope to do this soon, and I will start a post when we do.........the results would be interesting!

Paul

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Heres what you do. First you save up between 500 and 1000 dollars then you go to the banks. You open and account then imediatly close the account and with draw the money but when you do you ask for what ever type of rolled coins or other bills you want. Also I suggest taking a brief case cause coins and money bundles get hard to carry. Now this usally only works once per bank after that they get rather annoiyed. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread