First dump at new bank today...

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
My last dump bank was close by and had a coin counter. They got tired real quick of me filling their machine up and basically said I couldn't dump more than a few hundred dollars worth of change per month there anymore.

Well I solicited advice here and elsewhere about how to remedy the situation and decided to start dumping in bags at a new bank about 30 miles away. Last month I ordered bags from them as they only accept bags with their logo on them and today I made the first dump there.

Other than forgetting to write down some of the required info on the bags beforehand, things went surprisingly well. They credited my account immediately and I was able to use those funds to go out and purchase 3 more boxes...lol

As far as fees this is basically free at least until I dump more than a set amount per month which if memory serves me correctly is 5000 dollars worth. I am going to eventually add more banks so that I can dump at 4 or 5 banks and avoid this if possible.

As far as the bank supplied dump bags, I find that although they say to put no more than 1000 in halves in them, that they cannot hold anywhere near that much. The most I can fit in them is 750 worth, maybe 800 if I tried real hard.

I have found at least one bank with a coin counter but it is 45 miles away and I don't want to get in the habit of using them too much for fear of wearing out my welcome.

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
All I can say or add is when you do have to go to the farthest away dump bank(s) make them at least mini road trips hitting all the banks you can along way.

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I have been lucky at my bank...

They order me $1k halves per week and I dump $1k halves per week.

Since it is a wash they don't even ask about my account or anything. They don't even count the bags anymore. I bring them in sealed in a clear bag, the teller walks me to the vault where I leave my bag on the floor and depart with two $500 boxes. Takes all of 5 minutes at the most.

There is one more guy that does this as well, but I have yet to run into him.

OP
OP
P

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
GlassyEyed said:
I guess I have been lucky at my bank...

They order me $1k halves per week and I dump $1k halves per week.

Since it is a wash they don't even ask about my account or anything. They don't even count the bags anymore. I bring them in sealed in a clear bag, the teller walks me to the vault where I leave my bag on the floor and depart with two $500 boxes. Takes all of 5 minutes at the most.

There is one more guy that does this as well, but I have yet to run into him.

You dump at the same bank that you get your boxes from?

I suppose if they are fine with it thats one thing, but it seems to me that they would eventually get tired of such an arrangement.

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ho Silver! said:
I don't think you will get away with that too long. :dontknow:

It was their idea for me to dump there. I guess they were just glad to have customers?? I explained what was going and they said...No problem. Like I said...lucky I guess.

If they decide they are tired of an arrangement they thought of...then I will withdraw everything and move on.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Hey, if it works for you it works for me!!! We all should be so lucky to have kind, understanding, helpful, and so on and so on banks! ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread