Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently posted about finding silver halves which is unusual for me since I just don't have time to hunt much anymore. Here's what I posted:

Howdy all,

I left work slightly early today, and was able to hit two banks on the way home, with the intention of buying halves.

Bank 1:
$3.00 Squadoosh

Bank 2:
They had $70 bucks worth in the vault, but I only had $55, so I bought 5 rolls. One roll had 3x1964, 1x1965, 5x1967, 2x1968, $4.50 in clad, and the other 4 rolls held 80 coins.

This is a very good day for me, as I can't hunt much anymore due to work. The last time I got to do some hunting, I was nickel hunting after having my wisdom teeth extracted.

PART II

After tasting silver, I knew that I'd be going back to get the other two rolls, even if I had to take a long lunch. I left work early today to go to a going-away party for one of my wife's coworkers, so I picked up the two rolls. Well, quiksilver and AGCoinHunter were right. I decided to do a quick edge search of both rolls while driving home. The first roll was solid silver—very happy. I noticed JFKs as I poured it back into the roll. The second roll was the same, but one of them didn’t fall into my hand, so I looked into the bottom of the roll and saw a Franklin—even happier. Here’s what I got:

’63 Franklin
’64 x 5
’65 x 7
’66 x 2
’67 x 8
’68 x 14
’69 x 3

40/40. Here’s a pic:

IMG_0417.JPG

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice score. Love getting solid rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread