3 month old dump deposit adjustment

thing

Aug 8, 2009
About 3 months ago I made a deposit of 500 in halfs at a bank, now they are claiming i was 5.43 cents short. Clearly someone screwed up since if i was off it would not have been by cents. It has taken them 3 months to get back to me and debit my account. Is this allowed? I mean isn't there some law that gives the bank so many days to make sure the deposit is accurate, and if then dont do anything about it, then they have to just live with it?

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that they couldn't do that, that is a very long time. Doesn't sound right to me. Look into it, call the manager or something and throw a fit

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
timbobwey said:
I would think that they couldn't do that, that is a very long time. Doesn't sound right to me. Look into it, call the manager or something and throw a fit

I wouldn't throw too big a fit. they just might shut down your whole operation. I agree that 3 month later is a little long, but shortage are part of the deal....as well as the overages.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
I've has several Bags of Halves & halves alone get credited to my account with extra dimes and pennies ever so often, even a Coin Machine I dumped again ONLY half's into has done it.

*Got a Bank last month to sell me their Machines Half Coin bag, it had 4.09 in it in other change including one Gold Dollar.

I suspect they can do what ever they choose too- like how are you gonna challenge it, call Police on them :laughing7: , get real now- for one the Cops could care less would probably laugh at you too. I've learned not to waste my time calling Cops on anything and to avoid them like the plague really!

One guy in my town last year had someone try to rob him at McDonalds in parking lot he pulled a gun from his car and the guy ran off; police used McDonald's video came to his house arrested him for illegal weapon. It cost him over $6K for his defense and in the end the McDonald's video tape was lost and prosecution dropped case for lack of evidence against him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread