Lean day but still good...

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
Went through 5 boxes today.

One box was a skunk. Man I hate skunk boxes. Not even a NIFC.

One decent box and all the others were just one or two in the whole box. I ended up with 4 90% and 14 40%, a 1996 S Proof in bad condition, and 20 NIFC's.

This was the first skunk box Ive had in several months.

I hear about some guys going through 20 or more skunk boxes and it just kills me. I think I would be so disheartened that Id give up.

Anyway 3 more boxes tomorrow and hopefully a few more coins to add to the stash.

Take care.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I average about 30 fiddy cent boxes a year. When all is said and done, I could have bought the silver outright for less. Seriously.

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I had 20-30 boxes in a row without a skunk followed by 20 or so skunks in a row. They are tough to swallow. I find that mixing in some nickels and/or pennies helps me get through the skunks.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I switch it up. I seem to find silver in dimes sometimes, but customer rolled halves always seem to work for me

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I know the feeling. I had two boxes this week. First was a skunk. The second produced one 69 and one 64. Still better than zip. Keep on Rolling.

QuickDraw22

Jul 13, 2009
Future Millionaire
Try out some nickels. These keep me entertained as the dates are super easy to read, and you can tell the age by just glancing at the coin.

If you're wanting to strain your eyes, go for some pennies or dimes ;D

Hang in there chief, we all have crappy times.

-Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions