New Old Hunter

Bayman

Feb 21, 2010
Chesapeake Bay VA.
Detector(s) used
Whites XL PRO
`I've been reading for some time, wanted to finaly join everyone. Long time roll searcher, started back in the late eighties. You folks have a great site. I have always searched bankwraps and customer wrapped rolls, only ordered a few boxes. Done pretty good over the years with halves, though I will buy new rolls of cents and nickles to put away. Love detecting when the weather permits.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bayman

Bayman

Feb 21, 2010
Chesapeake Bay VA.
Detector(s) used
Whites XL PRO
Thanks, Fistfull. Trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. Started hunting in 87 with a 6000 Di Pro. Started stalking rolls around 88. Walked out of a bank with 600 dollars worth in the front pockets of my hooded sweatshirt. Looked like I had elephantitus, or something seriously wrong with me. Found about $100 in 40% and 1 Franklin, if I remember correctly.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

Did you hunting through out 90's. How's the silver back then?

OP
OP
Bayman

Bayman

Feb 21, 2010
Chesapeake Bay VA.
Detector(s) used
Whites XL PRO
I do remember one day...my commute to work is an hour each way, and I stopped in at a branch of my bank in another county. They only had a couple of rolls, but out of one came a 1987p, and I thought..."wasn't that the year they only came in mint sets?" Sure enough, the "D" was in the same roll. Someone broke up a set.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread