Quarter ?s

chow

Feb 25, 2010
MIDWEST
Quarter ?'s

Went through a box of quarters last night and found 1 silver, 1 low-leaf Wisconsin (yay!), and a copper colored Connecticut. The CT quarter is this color on both sides, but seems to be no sign of pitting (acid) or loss of detail (painted) - wondering if I should take this in and have someone look at it? Let me know what you think...

Attachments

• quarters 022410.jpg
    quarters 022410.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: Quarter ?'s

First time that I can remember someone posting results of a quarter box search. Quarters are tough. Good score on the one you found :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice, I just searched a $500 bag of quarters, as someone poached my $1k bag of dimes....I found zero, zilch, nicht. I did find about 12 non-silver Canadians, which I threw back into the bag, lol!

ffd

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

I've had numerous coins that look toned like yours does. I don't know what does it, but it is after market, and a negative, not a positive. No one thought it was worth anything more than a quarter.

Great find on the lower leaf though! I too just found one, about two weeks ago. Nice find.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

It is after market gold plated. No significant amount of gold and is worthless to a collector. Popular on late-night coin shopping programs.

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250

It's been awhile since someone posted pictures of a silver quarter being found in bank rolls. Nice find! :icon_thumright:

kestrelia

May 9, 2007

Great early silver quarter. Of the 127 I've found I think less than half a dozen are in the 30s ... so that's a good one!

Brian

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Rich Hartford said:
First time that I can remember someone posting results of a quarter box search. Quarters are tough. Good score on the one you found :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich

Your comment made me laff, minus that 1936 one he'd of not need the picture :laughing7: .

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:
Rich

Your comment made me laff, minus that 1936 one he'd of not need the picture :laughing7: .

I think the extra leaf is noteworthy and I would love to find one of those more so than the silver.....

Mojo

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good find. silver quarters are very dificult to come by.

I was lucky on one roll I searched and found one silver one too.

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread