May try coinstar hmmmm

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I would use a coin counter at a bank, because it's free. Coinstar takes away about 10% of your money.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins4Cheese said:
I would use a coin counter at a bank, because it's free. Coinstar takes away about 10% of your money.

There is no counting fee at Coinstar if you get gift cards/certificates instead of cash. I've used this option to get Amazon e-Certs and had no problems at all. They basically just print you a receipt that has a number on it that you type into the web site. I would have to assume that Lowes works the same way. They probably give you a number that the Lowes cashier just types into their point of sale system to redeem it.

Let us know how it turns out. For us penny hunters this is a great option because you can store up your pennies until you have $100 or so and then get an e-Cert for a store that you normally shop at anyway.

And free coin counters at banks are harder and harder to find these days. My bank removed theirs recently because the CRH'ers were abusing it and it broke down all the time. :'( If you've got access to a free coin counter then count your blessings and by all means, use it. For those of us who don't, using the free counting option at Coinstar is a decent option. Especially for pennies.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Be careful. Sometimes these e-certs can only be used for online purchases. The cashier at the store may not be able to use these certs.

If you are lucky, the e-cert won't be working. If you initiate a transaction and coinstar is unable to complete the transaction as you requested, then they will issue a cash voucher with zero fees.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Be careful. Sometimes these e-certs can only be used for online purchases. The cashier at the store may not be able to use these certs.

If you are lucky, the e-cert won't be working. If you initiate a transaction and coinstar is unable to complete the transaction as you requested, then they will issue a cash voucher with zero fees.

Good to know. Thanks for the tip.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:

Not that I would advocate this but... if the communication cable in the back isnt plugged in you will get a cash voucher for free. This is my understanding not my experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread