I went back to the "Walking Liberty Rolls" bank today....................

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I went back to the "Walking Liberty Rolls" bank today....................

Bought all the halves they had......all $640 worth................SKUNKED!!!!! well, not completly, I did get 2 40% Kennedy's. Oh well, I guess if I hadn't made the trip back I probably would have ended up reading a story in the news paper about a guy getting a roll of gold coins there. I now know for a fact that that town has no rolled halves period!

Paul

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I went back to the "Walking Liberty Rolls" bank today....................

Bummer!!

At least your first trip was worthwhile and one that will be hard to top for quite awhile.

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA

If you didn't go back? That would be crazy! I had dreams about what you found...I think your trips were definately worth it! ;D On to the next bank!

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

I know what you mean! Once I figured out a way to get the time to go today, I couldn't sleep last night. Then on the trip up there, all kinds of thoughts were going through my head about just what was in that vault. here is what I had to do to squeeze the trip in today...............

it is about a little over 2 hours north of me.

Where I needed to be at 11:00am is a little over an hour south of me, then where I need to go from there was an additional 1 1/2 hours south of there

I had a chiropractor appointment at 9:45am

needed to drop off kids at school at 8:00am (no buses)

So, I dropped the kids off at 7:50am......... hit the road........called & cancelled the chiropractor appointment..........seriously hauled butt up to Grand Coulee Dam (town where bank is) .........bought the halves, and searched them right there in the parking lot.............seriously hauled butt to Moses Lake.........made up for some lost time, but not all.............then seriously hauled butt to Grandview.............YEA!! made it right on time................no one ever realized I was at one point 2 hours out of my way in the other direction!!

But like I said, if I had not checked, there would have been more there..........all part of the game I guess! I stopped on the way home and cashed in all of the halves..........the teller never said it, but you could tell she was not in the least bit happy about that many halves. I stopped at another bank here in town and picked up $100 in dimes, $100 in nickles, and $50 in pennies for me & the kids to go through tonight.

Paul

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

You really had a BUSY schedule, but I'm glad you went back to bank. Sorry to hear there weren't any other Walker halves. Congratulations on the 2--40% silver halves. I think of it as a game too. lol

I took $500.00 in halves to one bank today to cash in, and only deposited $10.00 into my account. The male teller was very nice and a woman teller came over and said wow,where did you get so many halves. I told her I had been collecting them for a little while,not an entire truth or lie. lol I took them to that specific bank because I purchased $400.00 in halves from them about a month ago,and I could tell that they had already been searched.

I went to about 6 banks today, purchased $150.00 in halves,searched them in the car while driving and found 2--40% silver clad halves. Then I took the rest back to my local bank. Now I can start all over on Monday. lol

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

Start again Monday? you sound as bad as me! I do a lot of daily travel, so I can hit a LOT of banks in one day. Every once in a while, I have a week that I know I am going through over $1000 per day. I will do $200- $300 a pop, and just keep turning them as I move from town to town.

Paul

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

I have two banks that I need to call first before returning to. When I was at the banks on Thursday a teller told me that one of the other tellers had about $100.00 in halves but was on vacation and would be back on Monday. The other bank said that another teller had about $100.00 in halves and works part time and then gave me her schedule to call to find out if she still had them. That bank is much further from me so I would want to make sure the halves are available before driving a distance.

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri

That's a low percentage for this run...but still good! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread