Possible solution to rude tellers?.........................

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going in monday morning with my friends mini voice recorder to the bank that has the teller that hates me. I am going to drop off $250 in rolled halves and see what their reaction is. It should be quite the fun event, haha.

As for changing their attitudes... I think it's just something inside them that makes them bitter and rude to others and I doubt they really care what other thinks... and if they were able to change then they would probably have a better job than a teller at a bank.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I feel like pulling a Simon Cowell on the next rude bank teller or bank manager I might encounter. Seriously, I've been thinking of telling them straight out how rude they are and that I am going to report them. Then tell them they should be glad they have a J-O-B! If Simon can get away with blatent honesty, I think I should try that as well. I let one bank manager treat me like cr*p, but it won't happen again.

Diamond Spike

Jan 26, 2005
Alabama
I'm In!!! ::) Just pm me the 800# and tellers name and i'll call. If enough people call about the teller they will get an
Attiude adjustment or be fired!!!

Diamond Spike

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I don't know about other parts of the country, but out here in Oregon Bank tellers make squat, maybe a buck more than minimum.... Ever been treated rudely at McDonalds, or 7-11? About the same thing, lol... get 'em fired and another rude one will show up within a week.

I think the answer would be to be calm about it, and approach the manager. If that doesn't do it, then report the manager to the 800 number.... the manager has a lot more at stake!

It wouldn't be too long before the bank managers got the message- legal tender MEANS legal tender!

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
no, just change their attitude. If someone has that bad of an attitude with customers, maybe they shouldn't be in customer service. I have had a teller from a out of town branch of my bank call me 9 times on part of thursday, and through out the day friday saying that one of the penny rolls that I cashed in Thursday was short 2 pennies, and that I need to come up to that branch ( she knows I'm 2 1/2 hours away) to bring her 2 cents, or my account would be charged a bunch of fees, and I need ted to do it that day, and that it has to be at that branch because that is where the roll is. Now it's possible that I may be wrong, but I think she was just PO'ed that I brought in $300 in rolled change, it was very obvious when I walked up to the counter. Do you really think she counted all of that change? I don't think so. It certainly appears that she is trying to discourage me from bringing rolled change to her bank. So Saturday morning, I went to the branch here, talked to the manager. She said "No problem" and deposited the two cents to my account.
You can bet your butt that if they had a complaint about me at my job, they would be on the phone in a heartbeat demanding my head on a silver platter. But I know how to deal with the people I have to be around on the job. Ya, it can be a pain to deal with them at times, BUT it is part of the job, so I accept that, and do what needs to be done, because it's my job.
It is just my opinion that if someone has too much attitude to deal with the public, or are to lazy to do their job, then I shouldn't have to put up with it.

Just my 2 cents worth........

Paul

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Paul.... people should be more than happy to have a job these days. Even if they may not be making much more than min wage, at least it's better than McDonalds.

It just amazes me how rude some of these tellers are and how annoyed they get when they have to do their job.

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
i have some great tellers here in oregon...heck they even call me when they get a good coin in.....i buy lots of halfs and silver dollors when they get them in....they even save the silver for me.
just my two cents
lgp

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I want tellers like that here! I'm jealous! Most of them here are nice, but the few bad apples seem to ruin it for all of them.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
You guys have some bad luck with tellers, all the ones iv come across are really nice, there was only one who said I had to be a member to deposit money or have a parent, I said screw you im never using this bank and left. I like the co-op banks the best :) It helps to have it all counted out and make sure the rolls arent falling apart, also if the bag of coins is heavy lift it over the counter for them, make it easy and not a hassle ;) Iv been working at my moms flower shop lately, nothing good for coins yet though :-\

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Butter them up be nice to them maybe even drop off a flower and tell them thanks. If you take care of your teller she will take care of you. Been my experience any way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions