Pet Peeves

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinmojo said:
Did someone mention hijacking threads????????? lol

Guilty as charged! ;D

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I can understand how some might be bothered by others who post political ideas which may seem over the top or other non CRHing subjects here. I think part what bugs people is when such views are put forth in such a way as to make it appear that the person stating such a view knows the "absolute truth" on the matter but never offers proof other than "I saw it on the ****** show or heard it on the ******* radio show".

I personally don't mind such posts though.

While I may disagree or agree with them, I can just disregard them if I choose. As long as the person is not being a "troll" just to get attention (like we used to see in the past with a certain poster who we have not seen in a while).

Many of us who post here have been on this site for a while and although never meet each other get a sense of the other peoples personalities, likes, dislikes, etc, and might like to discuss other subjects with these same people in the sense that we kind of feel like we "know" each other, as much as that is possible in such an online forum.

Thus, some people will feel like talking about other topics they are interested in with these people they "know" in addition to CRHing topics. While the Treasurenet site is great and has many different forums for different subjects, most likely the people you will be "talking" to on those sites (like the politics site, etc) are posters you've never seen here on the CRHing site.

I am not saying that such off subject topics should or should not be tolerated, but trying to explain why I think it happens.

Jim

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Marked coins, pocket lint, human hair, glue on coins, and cat hair. Now I love cats more than most people, but I would not let a shedding cat in the house. I grew up on a dairy farm and cats were plentiful and necessary part of it. I couldn't sit under a shade tree as a kid, that a cat wasn't on my lap. They are loving and the kittens are a blast to play with.
When I bring home a bag of coins from the bank, I pour the bag into a hard plastic salad bowl, that is about 10 inches across. Everything fits in real nice, (pennies are pushing it though). As I get to the bottom of the bowl, there are lots of short white hairs in the bottom. Which means there are countless colored ones in my carpet, on my desk, etc..
So cat hair is my PET peeve, the others are just peeves.

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
Cold Calling has always worked really well for me and it has two big benefits:

First, most of the time they've already rounded up all the halves for me and I get out of there a lot quicker. Also, if one of the tellers goes to lunch, they know to sell their halves to one of the other tellers if they know I'm coming in.

Second (and more importantly) is that they seem to remember me a lot better this way. It's like two encounters in the same day and they just seem a lot more receptive if I've taken the time to call first.

However....Cold Calling has it's drawbacks....

They tell me that they've got $300 and when I get there it turns out to be $300 in "gold dollars" >:(.
Today, I called a credit union that I belong to and they said they had $120...I go to pick them up and find out that when I called, I was redirected to the main branch in another city :'(. I always try to make a point of asking very detailed questions and confirming which branch I'm speaking with, but sometimes I forget.

Ok, back to lurking...post again in six months.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Where as i fully understand that no one wants to hear another bitch about anything even if it is true , it is only because of the conspiracies that i started collecting silver coins.

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, here are mine. People pulling up old posts to just raise their totals. Forum members constantly changing their names to try to fool others for their own enjoyment. People not loyal to the bank that's loyal to them. ::)

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
My pet peeves:

nickels found in quarter rolls
pennies (I guess I should say "cents") found in dime rolls
people who short rolls by one coin just to save a few cents
tellers who are too lazy to find out if the vault holds any halves

OWS

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
obsessedwithsilver said:
My pet peeves:

nickels found in quarter rolls
pennies (I guess I should say "cents") found in dime rolls
people who short rolls by one coin just to save a few cents
tellers who are too lazy to find out if the vault holds any halves

OWS

Yep that's one of my pet peeves as well. One time I must have gotten 30 rolls of quarters with nickels in them. I'd like to catch that cheap #$^%$#^%& he would definitely have a close encounter with"Mr.Hand".
HH
Rich

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate that also. At least sometimes you can make up for it by dimes found in cent rolls.
HH
enamel7

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
1. Fithy coins
2. People who don't actually verify their coins but just throw them in a roller.
3. People who piss and moan about tellers getting the best coins (if you want the "best coins", get a teller job at minimum pay and lousy hours, I know, I'm a teller).
4. Hair...come one people, do you sit in your living room spread eagle, naked and count your coins and roll them, because I swear there is pubic hair in there.
5. Conspircy theories.......the government really cares if you have a coin collection.
Jesh wake up

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
"Hair...come one people, do you sit in your living room spread eagle, naked and count your coins and roll them, because I swear there is pubic hair in there."

LOL. Guilty as charged. Now that is funny!

Pet peeve for me is a teller giving away your half dollars after she said she would save them for you. You go to pick them up the same day or the day after and she acts as though she completely forgot. It happens when they forget to order boxes too.

golden silver

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Mine:

People who buy the silver before I can make it to the bank

Not having enough time to crh.

People who search in Texas.

People who search in surrounding states.

People who search.

Bank tellers who cull the silver

Bank tellers

Brinks

Bank tellers

Vault tellers who take lunch breaks

People who don't agree with my political ideals.

People who disagree with me

People.

People who think they are smarter than me.

People who ARE smarter than me.

Tea cup dogs.

Banks not being open and full of silver on sunday.

Bank tellers

And LJ.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Because she fits a lot on the list

She searches in a state next to mine. She searches, she is smarter than me, she is a person, etc.

Come to think of it you just questioned me so now your on the list too.

:p

Actually I just miss her.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
"Hair...come one people, do you sit in your living room spread eagle, naked and count your coins and roll them, because I swear there is pubic hair in there."

LOL. Guilty as charged. Now that is funny!

Pet peeve for me is a teller giving away your half dollars after she said she would save them for you. You go to pick them up the same day or the day after and she acts as though she completely forgot. It happens when they forget to order boxes too.

golden silver

Oh boy, not sure if I wanted to know that. I am going to get some latex gloves before I do another box.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
coinmojo said:
Cherryman68 said:
Mine:

And LJ.

Why LJ?
Because she abandoned us- the Great Mother CRH turned us all into orphans and let us roam the streets looking for lil bits of metal.

My peeve is competition dumping coin where they buy it and eventually losing us another bank!
BTW I saw a black hilicopter yesterday LOL. HH Mark

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
thanks guys....i got a kick out of some of your answers....Cherryman i loved yours the most :laughing7:
you guys hit most of mine so i won't bother listing those....
but here's one that gets me......and i know i'll piss someone off here.....
BICYCLES.....
PEOPLE WHO RIDE BICYCLES....
PEOPLE WHO RIDE BICYCLES ON NARROW STREETS...
PEOPLE WHO RIDE BIKES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET...
PEOPLE WHO RIDE BIKES ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE STREET...
PEOPLE WHO RIDE BIKES THROUGH STOP SIGNS AND RED LIGHTS...
PEOPLE WHO RIDE BIKES SIDE BY SIDE ON A ONE WAY STREET....
PEOPLE WHO RIDE BIKES AND DON'T SIGNAL WHEN TURNING...
PEOPLE WHO RIDE BIKES IN THE STREET WHEN THERE IS A DESIGNATED BIKE PATH OFF THE STREET...
PEOPLE WHO RIDE BIKES WITH THOSE SPANDEX SO THEY CAN PISS ME OFF FASTER....
PEOPLE WHO RIDE BIKES AND GIVE ME THE FINGER FOR HITTING THEM WITH MY MIRROR :laughing7:..
*WHEW*...that felt good
oh and this does pertain to CRH because most of this happens when i'm on a bank run.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread