trade tokens

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I got these 2 tokens over the last 3 years (crh) every time I look at them I feel a little guilty that I am keeping them and that maybe I should donate them to the local museum (kids had their annual school trip there this week and got me thinking about them again)

the 5c is some sort of plastic (I think) the 1c is bronze They are from a store that was open for over 100 years but went out of business a couple years ago.

edit: if I donate them I may build some karma pts. and get a good bag (aka non skunk) soon.

Attachments

• 1cb.jpg
    1cb.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 370
  • 1cf.jpg
    1cf.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 364
  • 5cb.jpg
    5cb.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 376
  • 5cf.jpg
    5cf.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 380
Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I say keep them. The face value appears that they are worth less than 10 cents total. You would pay more for the stamp to mail them out than what they are worth. I don't think the kids would be able to buy much with 1 cent or 5 cents there if the prices are like anyplace else.

Jim

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Some tokens are worth pretty good cash. I sold a few a couple years ago for $50.00 each. I can't remember what they said on them.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You could try and sell it along with the story of what store it was for. People love historic junk.

golden silver

tokensmith

Aug 8, 2007
Seems like selling them should have been one of the options in your poll. Both tokens are listed in Rubick's Montana token book with estimated values of $16-$32.

By the way, the second one is most likely aluminum, not plastic.

OP
OP
snappy

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
tokensmith said:
Seems like selling them should have been one of the options in your poll. Both tokens are listed in Rubick's Montana token book with estimated values of $16-$32.

By the way, the second one is most likely aluminum, not plastic.

Thanks I don't have access to that book do you have any idea on the dates of these tokens?

tokensmith

Aug 8, 2007
I don't have many Montana references, but I do know the Yellowstone Merc. Co. was in business in both Sidney & Fairview at least as early as 1912.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread