Back in business!

Hothgar

Aug 1, 2005
Picked up $110 in dimes and $50 in halves from a bank in the boonies yesterday on my way back to dallas from new mexico. Was all the dimes/halves the teller had.

98 silver dimes - all but 4 or 5 are almost black in color - nasty looking compared to the other silver dimes i've found - but i'm not complaining. Everything from a 1916 (no D) mercury dime to a 64D rosie.

Not to be outdone by the dime, the halves produced as well. I got my first Franklin half (1960D) and my second 90% kennedy (a 1964D). I also got 3 40% halves - a 66, 67, and 68D.

Haven't had enough time to do much roll hunting recently - but this sure made up for it.

Hothgar

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, almost $10 in silver dimes? Great haul Hothgar! Ditto on the halves.

OP
OP
H

Hothgar

Aug 1, 2005
I called that bank today - they have $230 in halves in their vault they are willing to hold for me til thursday (when i'll be back through). I'll get any dimes/quarters they can come up with at that time as well. $1800 in cash ready and waiting for the trip.

Hothgar

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Yeah, nice silver jackpot you found there, congratulations! :o Go clean that bank out on Thursday, good luck! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread