Dont ruin a good thing

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
As i was doing my TD bank runs [ I dump 205 halves at each to not wear out my welcome ] and i hear two stories.

1 . A guy dumps 7000 halves at a machine . He fills it up 7 times and ties up a teller for a considerable amount of time .

2. A woman comes in buys 3 boxes of dollars goes outside, goes through them , and comes back in filling so many bags they ran out.

The manager was forced to ask them not to come back like that again. Maybe some of the stories of being charged or denied are part of the CRHers fault for not being considerate of the cost and time of dumping all at one machine instead of spreading it out.I am not trying to fault those who have agreements decent routines or have asked first for an ok.

Upvote 0

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I do 198. Very Believable though.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spread my dumps out too. Usually I re-roll them, initial them, and I'll dump at most $500 at one bank. I'll only use a coin machine if I'm dumping under $500, and even then if it's close to 500 I'll still roll them. I don't want to get tellers mad, and over use machines. There are only 2 or 3 banks in my area with coin machines.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
quiksilver said:
As i was doing my TD bank runs [ I dump 205 halves at each to not wear out my welcome ] and i hear two stories.

1 . A guy dumps 7000 halves at a machine . He fills it up 7 times and ties up a teller for a considerable amount of time .

2. A woman comes in buys 3 boxes of dollars goes outside, goes through them , and comes back in filling so many bags they ran out.

The manager was forced to ask them not to come back like that again. Maybe some of the stories of being charged or denied are part of the CRHers fault for not being considerate of the cost and time of dumping all at one machine instead of spreading it out.I am not trying to fault those who have agreements decent routines or have asked first for an ok.

I used to get the bags off the machine from TD's until someone ruined a good thing and started dumping there. :icon_scratch:
HH
Rich

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
quiksilver said:

Agreed!

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
i used to have a TD bank that was my supply bank. they also supplied another CRH, who would take his bags a sit in the parking lot and go thru them. He would walk back in and start dumping. The regional manager was there one Friday when I pulled into the parking lot. I saw him talking to the other CRH and thought to myself that i probably was not good. I walked inside, and as the girls were bringing my bags out, we was walking back in. He walks up to me and starts on me saying that me and my "hobby" was costing him money in bags, fees, employee time, etc. I told him that i only purchase from him, and he proceeded to check out my account. he came back and apologized to me as the girls told him that i was not the one that filled their bags, but it was the other guy. He told me that he cut off the other guy, and to be fair to all, he had to do the same to me. he broke the cardinal rule and made it bad for all within this regional managers area.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
quiksilver said:

TD by me i hear holds 100 so can't dump there :(

them ordering for non customers and allowing dumping for non customers is dumb on there part. at least make the rule of having to have an account there...

wonder what is found in the dollar boxes...

always a bad egg that ruins it for all :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread