Finally on the silver again....but dimes.....

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Well I managed to find some silver again. After 14 boxes of halves, and almost 2 months with nothing to show, I picked up a couple boxes of dimes and beat my average of 1 per box. I ended up with 6 Roosies with the oldest being a 1956 D. Not much, but better than 7k worth of skunks. I got my silver fix, and might just start back on the halves. The funny thing is I received one box of paper fed rolled dimes, and one in the clear plastic wrap. The clear plastic wrap produced 2 Roosie's and the paper wrapped box produced 4. The paper wrapped box was stamped CWI June 03, 2009........The plastic wrapped box had no markings on it. Thanks for reading everyone! Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Congrats on the find silver is silver big are small keep up the hunt . Happy hunting RON

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dimes seem to give a little silver regularly ! I have had many days when I got nothing from
halves , I don't believe I've had a skunk day with dimes yet - nearly a month into it - I have
had many skunk boxes of dimes - but I'm able to turn them into cash and new boxes to search
so much faster than boxes of halves ! I have not found a merc. as yet - If any of you have a
comment about that fact ( no merc yet) please comment . Argentium.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Argentium said:
Dimes seem to give a little silver regularly ! I have had many days when I got nothing from
halves , I don't believe I've had a skunk day with dimes yet - nearly a month into it - I have
had many skunk boxes of dimes - but I'm able to turn them into cash and new boxes to search
so much faster than boxes of halves ! I have not found a merc. as yet - If any of you have a
Volume! When I quit ordering boxes in March, i had 6 mercs under my belt. One merc per $2150 searched, or one per every eight boxes. Last year I pulled about 14 from $30k. ffd

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Argentium said:

Mercs are pretty hard to find. I haven't done much dime searching this year,picked up a few Rosies and no Mercs.
Last year I was going through more dimes than halves. Only found 27 Mercs. There out there,you just have to search a lot of boxes to find them.
HH
Rich

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Love those clear plastic rolls :icon_thumright: - Search a box in minutes and dump them in seconds. I haven't done many dimes this year but if I was I'd line up a source with the clears and hit em hard.

Maine_Jim

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice work. I've been having good luck in dimes as well. I like to switch it up, from dimes to halves. I will usually buy both in a day, and I will usually get at least 1 silver per dime box. Sometimes I will hit silver in halves, less and less lately

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread