First box of halves

lee7462

Greenie
May 19, 2010
A few years ago I searched some rolls from the bank and found 15 or so 40% halves, but haven't searched any in a few years. I got a box today from my credit union and found 3 90% kennedys, 7 40% kennedys, and a 2006 kennedy. Pretty happy with those numbers and I'm going to order another box tomorrow.

Now, trying to figure out how to dump these. I took some to another bank that I'm a member of, but didn't want to drop them all off at once there. Is it procedure to use different branches of the same bank to dump at? Or use different banks?

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
lee7462 said:
A few years ago I searched some rolls from the bank and found 15 or so 40% halves, but haven't searched any in a few years. I got a box today from my credit union and found 3 90% kennedys, 7 40% kennedys, and a 2006 kennedy. Pretty happy with those numbers and I'm going to order another box tomorrow.

Now, trying to figure out how to dump these. I took some to another bank that I'm a member of, but didn't want to drop them all off at once there. Is it procedure to use different branches of the same bank to dump at? Or use different banks?
Nice score! I will only dump through a machine counter, normally. ffd

OP
OP
L

lee7462

Greenie
May 19, 2010
fistfulladirt said:

Yeah, that would be nice, but the only one I've found is at my credit union. I don't want to dump there unless they stop letting me order boxes, plus they charge 5% for any amount over 100 when using the coin counter even for account holders.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
lee7462 said:
fistfulladirt said:

Yeah, that would be nice, but the only one I've found is at my credit union. I don't want to dump there unless they stop letting me order boxes, plus they charge 5% for any amount over 100 when using the coin counter even for account holders.
Find another CU or bank with a free counter, open an account there. Don't dump where you're buying. I think you know that.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes I re-roll halves if I have been dumping a lot at my banks coin machine, don't want to wear out my welcome. I only have one machine I dump at. If you re-roll, just initial your rolls so you don't buy your own dumps.
spread your dumps out, don't just dump all at one bank all the time.
Nice finds though, good box

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread