3 skunk boxes but still good day

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Got three boxes (Brinks) all were skunks. They looked like coins I had searched a month or so ago--due to some peculiar markings I had not seen very often.

But, picked up a nice batch of Mexican Libertad one ounce rounds today. I found 12 of them to be 1998 Libertads. All of them are BU without a mark. I don't know how they made it without a scratch the way they were packaged with the other coins.

Anyone who is really into Libertads knows the 1998 coins are the rarest of the series (only 67,000) minted. I looked online and found some stores selling them for $140 to $250 each ???. I saw a completed ebay auction where one went for $125.

I got mine for 75 cents over spot today. ;D

Gonna put them in some air-tites and hold for a while.

Jim

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
jim4silver said:
Got three boxes (Brinks) all were skunks. They looked like coins I had searched a month or so ago--due to some peculiar markings I had not seen very often.

But, picked up a nice batch of Mexican Libertad one ounce rounds today. I found 12 of them to be 1998 Libertads. All of them are BU without a mark. I don't know how they made it without a scratch the way they were packaged with the other coins.

Anyone who is really into Libertads knows the 1998 coins are the rarest of the series (only 67,000) minted. I looked online and found some stores selling them for $140 to $250 each ???. I saw a completed ebay auction where one went for $125.

Jim

The heck with the boxes, you have been getting some sweet silver buys lately :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Rich Hartford said:
jim4silver said:

Jim

The heck with the boxes, you have been getting some sweet silver buys lately :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich

You're right RH. I used up all my extra PM money this week so I am done buying for a while. I wanted to wait for more of a dip but I don't think you can count on them happening like in the past few years in light of the world financial issues popping up daily.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread