Bag of pennies

twinsrule

Dec 26, 2009
Those are some awesome totals!!! I do bags, but i only average about 10-12 wheats a bag. Of course you might find more, because most of my averages are sub par by a lot to others. Also, in bags, you don't just get pennies. I usually find a dollar of dimes, and the occasional foreign thats not canadian. Thats fun to find too.
by the way, the bags kinda look like miniture sacks that you do sack races in ;D about 1 1/2 feet tall. They only get filled about 1/2 to 3/4 the way up, but its still $50 in pennies (plus dimes) ;D.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
The bags I get look like old flour sacks, sort of a canvas feel to them when new, but pretty soft after years of use. When I started I would get 30 to 36 wheats per bag, then after a year or so it started dropping. When it got down to 10 to 12, I quit doing cents. Then a month or so ago I tried some. since then I have been averaging 18 wheats per bag. Also recently I found my first two IH's ever.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
I personally cant get bags, but ur box average is above norm, so i'd keep doing those if i were u, and nice job on the wheaties!

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
The bags I get are filled on the coin counter. When customers bring in large amounts of coins, the teller just dumps them into the machine. It counts and sorts them. Then bags are taken to the vault. I buy them from there or they are rolled for use by business customers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread