Silver quarter in change today

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a first today. I received a 64 quarter in my change at the zoo. I was buying my daughter a $3 Icee and the guy gave me back 3 quarters. I usually don't check my change until I get home but something made me check it on the spot. Sure enough, one of them had a silver edge. I didn't have on my glasses so I had my daughter read the date to me. I was hoping there might be more in the drawer so I asked the guy if I could get some change. He seemed clueless about what I wanted. He rifled through the quarters for me and it looks like I got the only one available.

So with the price of silver being what it is I basically got that Icee free. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver quarters are very dificult to find.

Good find Keeper.

Darth Walker

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
great find! i think i'll pick up a couple quarter boxes this week, so i hope i get some of that silver, but chances are i wont...but u never know (ive never tried quarters...can anyone tell me an average for how many boxes to search to pull a silver? thanks)

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find :icon_thumleft:. A few months ago, I was getting a $1.25 drink from a vending machine and almost put a 1936 quarter in, noticing the silver as I had it up to the slot. Don' know how long it had been in my pocket or where I got it in change....

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the SOUND of silver being placed in my hand in Change!!!!!

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug said:
I love the SOUND of silver being placed in my hand in Change!!!!!

Perhaps that's what made me check. I rarely ever check before shoving change into my pocket but this time something made me look at the edges. Maybe it was that sweet sound that caught my attention. :wink:

I've never had a silver quarter given to me in change but I have received two silver dimes on separate occasions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread