Day #5 Streaks Alive!

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Day #5 Streak's Alive!

Had to go into the city this morning for a meeting. Afterward, I made a run up an area that I do about once a month or so. It's an area that has a lot of banks with good parking lots, so it's easy to stop at a lot of them. First five banks had absolutely nothing...Nadda one! Not even a clad one. The sixth bank kept the streak alive. It was a very nice teller that I had never seen before and was lucky enough to get. When I asked if she had any half dollars, she said, " Are you a collector?" I said yes". She then took a bank envelope out of her drawer and told me that she had been saving these for someone, but he hasn't been back in months. She said I could have them. The envelope contained $4.50 of 40%ers. (1)...1966, (3)...1967, (3)...1968 and (2)...1969 for a total of nine
40%ers. Thought I had a good luck day in the making. so hit about five more banks, but got nothing more. Just some loose clad ones. But, once again...No "skunks" or "dumps" to deal with. Anyway the five day "Streak" total now stands at (2)...90%ers and (30)...40%ers. BTW, "Riley" wasn't with me because of the meeting, so he was a little sad faced when I got home and he saw the silver. Day #6 up next in a day or two. I'll keep you all posted.
rileyboy and "Riley"

Upvote 0

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Re: Day #5 Streak's Alive!

Nice little score don't you just love those kind of tellers they keep the hunt fun i meet a teller last week who took my name and number to call me when anything comes in coins and papper money . Happy hunting RON

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST

Nice streak you have going there!! Keep it up and keep us posted! :hello2:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Riley you are going to get me tempted to to that road trip thing again.
Good job, and keep the streak going :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

We need more tellers like her! I had a manager tell me she didn't want her girls to lift all that coin?????
HELLO isn't this a BANK????? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"Riley" was with you in "spirit." :laughing9:

Yep, the dumps are getting to me. Too heavy to haul and I only do 3 boxes a week plus a box or two of cents/nickels.

Thinking about upping the ante--but the dumps make me think twice (hauling them that is).

Excellent week for you!

apush :read2:

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

dang nice job...how many banks do u have in ur area?!?!?! good luck, and hope ur next trips are successful.

OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Chainchomp,
I live near a major east coast city and there are just tons of banks in the city and in the suburbs. BUT....I have lots of competition too!
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread