Took my first dump.........

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined the forum about a month ago. I did my first two boxes (Brinks) a couple weeks ago (box 1 skunked, box 2 had one 40%er on the end of a roll). Anyway, I work for the Gov't and there is a Credit Union branch on the Gov't property adjacent to the employee parking lot. My bi-weekly check is direct-deposited into said CU. I had $350 in dumps I rolled last night while watching TV. I phoned the CU manager (who is a really sweet lady that I have known for almost 10 years) to ask if they ever have anyone bring in halves. She said she had one if I wanted it. So I go out the the CU (while on the clock ;D), she lets me look at the half (a 73-D :( ). Then I ask if it's ok if I bring in some rolled halves for deposit. She says sure :). I act polite, don't want to be a problem, she say's no problem. I then ask if she can order halves, she says she will check for me. She actually acted as if she would order me halves, and after i searched them, take them back from me. I kinda hate to order and dump from same bank, but she acts like it's no big deal. What do ya'll think?
I could also order the Brinks rolls from my hometown bank 25 minutes away and order from the CU, and use another bank in my home twon for dumps. It's also very tempting to use the CU as a dump, since I can do business while on the clock. Just random ramblings from a newbie..............

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feels good huh?

OP
OP
legend76

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, hopefully I'm not as dumb as my post apparently sounded :tongue3:. What I was considering was ordering the boxes of machine rolled coins, searching them, rerolling them and having the CU ship them back off. Then ordering more later. Does that sound dumb? I can always order the Brinks rolls from my other bank and dump at the CU.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You may need to try a little more fiber. I find the canvas coin bags ideal for my large dumps that I take on the regular basis. :laughing9:

Golden Silver

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I'm confused. Were you asking if it's OK to cr@p where you eat or if it's OK to pursue your hobby while on the clock and us taxpayers are footing the bill? I am a little slow so please provide some clarification. HH all.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
DO NOT DUMP @ UR PICKUP BANK!!! if u do they will surely cut u off...pickup...then dump somewhere else! good luck on ur searching, and now u are addicted! :laughing9:

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
That will work for a while.

You should dump as far away as possible as long as it isn't where I pickup ;D

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
legend76 said:
I joined the forum about a month ago. I did my first two boxes (Brinks) a couple weeks ago (box 1 skunked, box 2 had one 40%er on the end of a roll). Anyway, I work for the Gov't and there is a Credit Union branch on the Gov't property adjacent to the employee parking lot. My bi-weekly check is direct-deposited into said CU. I had $350 in dumps I rolled last night while watching TV. I phoned the CU manager (who is a really sweet lady that I have known for almost 10 years) to ask if they ever have anyone bring in halves. She said she had one if I wanted it. So I go out the the CU [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt](while on the clock ;D)[/size][/size][/size], she lets me look at the half (a 73-D :( ). Then I ask if it's ok if I bring in some rolled halves for deposit. She says sure :). I act polite, don't want to be a problem, she say's no problem. I then ask if she can order halves, she says she will check for me. She actually acted as if she would order me halves, and after i searched them, take them back from me. I kinda hate to order and dump from same bank, but she acts like it's no big deal. What do ya'll think?
I could also order the Brinks rolls from my hometown bank 25 minutes away and order from the CU, and use another bank in my home twon for dumps. It's also very tempting to use the CU as a dump, since I can do business while on the clock. Just random ramblings from a newbie..............

LOL Spoken like a true government employee...Let me guess, Department Veterans Affairs???

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
puckhead said:
I'm confused. Were you asking if it's OK to cr@p where you eat or if it's OK to pursue your hobby while on the clock and us taxpayers are footing the bill? I am a little slow so please provide some clarification. HH all.

Get a life. Everybody gets a 15 minute break, lunch then another 15 minute break. He said the CU is on the grounds where he works.

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
FreedomUIC said:
puckhead said:

Get a life. Everybody gets a 15 minute break, lunch then another 15 minute break. He said the CU is on the grounds where he works.

He also said "(while on the clock ;D)" But, I'm not giving anyone any heartache...it's not like I've never slacked off a little at my Gov. job either.

OP
OP
legend76

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. I didn't mean to stir up all the controversy. I work for a government agency, but we actually MAKE money. We do not have any taxpayer funding. I work 12 hour shifts and my trip to the CU is like 5 minutes round trip. Technically still "on the clock". I guess I shoulda keep that stuff to myself. I guarantee I have already spent more time at work on this forum than I ever will dumping at the CU, but like someone said, we do get breaks. I am a union worker and right now I have a two-way radio and a phone setting right beside me in case I am needed.

Now, back to the question of dumping where I order........ I guess the consensus is it's a bad idea. Maybe I'll order a couple boxes and if they're no good, I'll dump at the CU. If I like the score from the CU, I'll have two supply banks and I'll find another dump bank. It's not like I'm doing 8K a week anyway. Probably more like 1K a month, unless I hit the motherlode. HH all :)

OP
OP
legend76

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Took my first dump.........
Reply To This Topic #7 Posted Yesterday at 04:53:39 PM Quote

Yeah, Puckhead, I guess you are slow. And I take offense to "us taxpayers", I've been working and paying taxes since I was 16 years old.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
legend76 said:
Wow. I didn't mean to stir up all the controversy. I work for a government agency, but we actually MAKE money. We do not have any taxpayer funding. I work 12 hour shifts and my trip to the CU is like 5 minutes round trip. Technically still "on the clock". I guess I shoulda keep that stuff to myself. I guarantee I have already spent more time at work on this forum than I ever will dumping at the CU, but like someone said, we do get breaks. I am a union worker and right now I have a two-way radio and a phone setting right beside me in case I am needed.

Now, back to the question of dumping where I order........ I guess the consensus is it's a bad idea. Maybe I'll order a couple boxes and if they're no good, I'll dump at the CU. If I like the score from the CU, I'll have two supply banks and I'll find another dump bank. It's not like I'm doing 8K a week anyway. Probably more like 1K a month, unless I hit the motherlode. HH all :)

Legend, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone..... :thumbsup:
This forum is a real stress buster for me and when I see a post like that it kinda gets under my thin skin. Keep on doin what you are
doin, it isn't anybody elses business what you do.

May the silver gods shine on you this week.

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
FreedomUIC said:
legend76 said:

Legend, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone..... :thumbsup:
This forum is a real stress buster for me and when I see a post like that it kinda gets under my thin skin. Keep on doin what you are
doin, it isn't anybody elses business what you do.

May the silver gods shine on you this week.

Roger that! I totally agree this forum is a place that i like to come to read, be educated, laugh and dream about finding what some of these other guys find. Legend, I too am a Government Employee and I was just commenting becuase it sounded alot like me, not that I'm able to do a bank run during work hours as we don't have a CU available, but, I do spend ALOT of time reading over this forum when there is nothing pressing going on at work. I just happen to be lucky to have a job where I can and do end up sitting at my comp. Now when I'm busy, I'm busy, just like you I'd imagine.

As to your question I tend not to dump at the banks that I pick up at even though I'm working with boxes from the fed. The reason I don't do this is I don't want to be a burden on my bank and have them cut my deliveries off. Now, if you are fortunant enough to have a semi-personal relationship with the CU manager and she doesn't mind, I don't see why you shouldn't. Much easier on you...I would just make sure to be ultra receptive and aware of any possible building resentment of you or the hobby.

Good Luck and HH!!!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
As a rule keep buy and dumps seperate as it will surely get old with the bank in question.

Dumping is the painfull part of this hobby for both the dumper and the dumpee. So if you look around you might be able to find a bank/C U that has a coin counter in the lobby. Open an acoount with them and dumping gets a lot easier.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
legend76 said:
"Technically still "on the clock". I guess I shoulda keep that stuff to myself."

"I guarantee I have already spent more time at work on this forum than I ever will dumping at the CU"

Funny...... I cant resist........
You said I sholda kept this to myself and then noted that you waste even more time at work reading this forum....... :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :laughing9:

Mojo

OP
OP
legend76

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojo, you said "waste time", not me :wink:. Get your facts straight :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread