first time I lost it in a bank!

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Ok...rewind 3 weeks. I go into a local dump bank and the head teller tells me that I will begin getting charged for dropping coins at the bank. I ask to see a policy / memorandum regarding this; none was provided. I ask if it's just halves or dimes (the only denominations I do). She said for sure on halves, she didn't know about dimes. I say ok go about my business and leave.

A week later I dropped in and asked again for the memorandum / policy that stated people who drop coins in bulk would be charged. Again not provided. I ask if I can close my account. Told I haven't reached the minimum time to close the account and would be charged a fee. I leave disgruntled but continue about daily ops.

Today I have $330 in dimes to drop off, so I figure why not test the waters? I walk in to drop the dimes and am now confronted with a fee to drop dimes. I again ask for the policy or memorandum and still cannot be given one. They state anyone who drops bulk coin has to be charged (fuzzy definition, where do you draw the line?). I ask if they charge a normal customer who drops off coins and again it's stated that I drop too much. I say, well if that's the case I'd like to drop off $25 in dimes. Still a no! Then I say what about $5. I turn to the next teller and ask if she needs dimes for her drawer...all other tellers were ignoring me and startled by my abnormnal outburst (usually I'm candid and carry conversation with the tellers). The lady was going to charge me a fee to drop off $5!!! I ask to speak to the manager and of course he's on vacation. I then go back and ask if I can close my account without a fee being charged. I am told that I can take out all my money and it be closed on the 20th, something I was not told last time! I told her I'd rather not close it and I'll be back next week to talk to the manager.

Look, I know I abuse the system...we all do. I plan on leaving the bank and opening a new account, but that's not the point. If they are going to have the rule, then provide me some information on the rule instead of coming out with your guns... I mean mine aren't drawn! In the end it's not a big deal, more banks are out there and I can drop at any other one...it just frustrates me that people want to make rules and have no information / paperwork backing me up. And the fact they're going to charge me a fee to drop $5 in dimes off when other customers don't have to pay a fee....redic. I have burned the bridge at this bank.

Unfortunately I was in uniform when I lost it, something that is a rarity and something I'm not grateful for. Anyways, I'll keep everyone in the loop about the outcome. Until your next silver find... cheers!

~phrostie

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
Yeah I was informed when opened one last month if closed it in less than 3 months they charge $25 . Do not see how they can collect it as if you structure your balance right then draw out the balance with your say debit card and not use the account again they get nothing.

Obe,
Here is how they could get you. They take you to civil court. You get a summons to appear on a certain date and at the last minute the bank changes the date on you. Then the judge holds you in contempt of courtfor missing the court date and locks you up till you pay a fine that you can't possibly afford.
New type of debtors prison.
HH
Rich
Oh yeah, we had a summons served on us served intentionally at place we were not at, we missed the court date of course and our claim was dismissed, and we KNOW they did it on purpose; the LAW itself is totally corrupt and it will only get worse!

I recorded a criminal act against me turned it into DA, he just choose to ignore it. Also know a guy who does NOT have a conceal carry permit but had gun in his car a guy tried to rob him at McDonalds he only had to pull his gun the guy ran off, the Kops used the McDonalds cameras to track my friend down and arrest him- he never called Kops just went home, un-robbed! It cost him $6k in lawyer fees- he was facing 5 years in prison and he was the one being robbed! And get this it went to trial where the evidence (the video), it turns out was lost so charges were dropped.

I've found the Judges (who are former lawyers), and the lawyers and the prosecution side who are lawyers too, are ALL in the game and the game is money start to finish!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:
Yeah I was informed when opened one last month if closed it in less than 3 months they charge $25 . Do not see how they can collect it as if you structure your balance right then draw out the balance with your say debit card and not use the account again they get nothing.

Obe,
Here is how they could get you. They take you to civil court. You get a summons to appear on a certain date and at the last minute the bank changes the date on you. Then the judge holds you in contempt of courtfor missing the court date and locks you up till you pay a fine that you can't possibly afford.
HH
Rich

I've found the Judges (who are former lawyers), and the lawyers and the prosecution side who are lawyers too, are ALL in the game and the game is money start to finish!

I've known Judges, prosecutors and cops even who are decent people who do the right thing. So I call your claim BS.

Jim

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
jim4silver said:
obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:

Obe,
HH
Rich

I've known Judges, prosecutors and cops even who are decent people who do the right thing. So I call your claim BS.

Jim
Oh i've met a few good Cops but the majority are not and have NEVER met a good lawyer, and as said ALL judges are lawyers first. The system today is totally corrupt, yeah the majority of US do not reckon it is our Bread And Circus society but it is. I like to quote a founding father who KNOWS what he was talking about better than %99.999 of US today.

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people, it is wholly inadequate for the governing of any other."
--John Adams
(2nd President of the United States)

Or how about this one:

"We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government; upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."
-- James Madison
(Chief Architect of the US Constitution, 4th President of the U.S.)

We are a people adrift today- destruction is all and I do mean ALL that awaits US!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
jim4silver said:
obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:

Obe,
HH
Rich

Jim

Jim,
I pretty much agree with you on nearly everything you post. You are a wealth of information. On this issue,you are dead wrong.
I was a very active cop for 23 years, nine of which I spent UC. I've worked with most of the alphabet agencies as well.
Needless to say I've encountered numerous Judges, Prosecutors, and cops throughout the years. Might as well throw in plenty of lawyers too.
In total I've met 3 honest Judges, one maybe two honest prosecutors,a few good lawyers, and plenty of good cops,but way too many bad ones for my taste.
The bad ones in the above group besides being generally involved in corruption, there were murderers,rapists,drug dealers, mobsters and racists.
I've met regular run of the mill bad guys who are more honorable,I'm sad to say.
HH
Rich

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Let us know what the manager tells you. Sorry to hear about the experience. If they don't want you dumping there that is one thing, fine just tell me the truth. Don't beat around the push and feed me spoonfulls of crap. That would piss anyone off.

Golden Silver

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
jim4silver said:
obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:

Obe,
HH
Rich

Jim

Jim,
I pretty much agree with you on nearly everything you post. You are a wealth of information. On this issue,you are dead wrong.
I was a very active cop for 23 years, nine of which I spent UC. I've worked with most of the alphabet agencies as well.
Needless to say I've encountered numerous Judges, Prosecutors, and cops throughout the years. Might as well throw in plenty of lawyers too.
In total I've met 3 honest Judges, one maybe two honest prosecutors,a few good lawyers, and plenty of good cops,but way too many bad ones for my taste.
The bad ones in the above group besides being generally involved in corruption, there were murderers,rapists,drug dealers, mobsters and racists.
I've met regular run of the mill bad guys who are more honorable,I'm sad to say.
HH
Rich

I've been thugged by too many Kops as well as crooked Judges, all of which could of stood for what is right but choose NOT too; the stories could tell you my experiences as truck driver being pulled over by them just cause they could and treated like trash simply cause they were on a power trip- it was so bad in the last few years I drove I carried recording device to protect myself; that is no way to have to live under stress and in fear of thugs with badges on them.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
good for you
last month i had a similiar instance.
Bank told me I could no longer dumped rolled halves b/c it cost them to ship them out. I know this is bs and decided to call corprate. Long story short corprate told them to go screw and them must take the coin if it is wrapped.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I never understood is, the banks and credit unions are in the business of exchanging money.

Sometimes I get weird change combos back or someone asks me if I want to round up/down due to lack of change returned. A favorite saying of mine is "money spends." I can't understand why a business (pointing to the banks) would BE in business if they didn't figure out they might have to move or ship money around - that seems to be the point. I understand that we're moving into a paperless world (nobody asked me, btw - I don't want this) but until the Federal Reserve discontinues printing/minting money under contract to our Federal government, it would seem the banks and credit unions should remain compelled to exchange money in service to their customers and members.

Again, money spends. It shouldn't matter how much or in what form. A penny is still a recognized form of legal tender, just as a $20 or a 50$ printed money is and until our Federal government deems it appropriate to discontinue that form of currency, the banking industry should remain compelled to honor the purpose of their original business intent, or get out of the business.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
jim4silver said:
obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:

Obe,
HH
Rich

Jim

Jim,
HH
Rich

So Rich, what kind of cop were you? :) I think I already know but just checking... ;)

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
AGCoinHunter said:
Rich Hartford said:
jim4silver said:
obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:

Obe,
HH
Rich

Jim

Jim,
HH
Rich

So Rich, what kind of cop were you? :) I think I already know but just checking... ;)

In what way? I was a city cop/detective. It was not what I wanted to do with my life, I kind of fell into the job.
As with everything I do,I gave it 110% of my effort. I was addicted to the adrenalin rush. So it was more of a daily adventure than a job. I was moving at 100 mph in a competition with myself to see how many "bad guys"I could catch. With a heightened awareness one sees everything, but I was wearing horse blinders,when it came to the "big picture".Once I slowed down enough to see it, the adventure was over, and I retired.
It's all history now. Just one of those jobs that I did in the past, like being a paperboy, janitor,etc. :icon_sunny:
HH
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread