ike wrappers

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i went to the bank today to pickup my order, and asked for some flat half wrappers to roll keepers i get over time, they had no half wrappers but asked if i would like some ike wrappers...so i said yes and recieved 10 of them. i was just wondering is it common for banks to have ike dollar wrappers on hand at all times, or is it on a rare occasion u find a bank that may have them??? i know u can buy 'em online, but i was just curious what experience u guys have had as far as these things. thanks.

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Grab as many as you can if they are giving them to you. I only find them in what seems like 1 out of 100 times I ask. There are hardly any banks that stock them, if they do have any at all it's because they have had them for a while. Remember the last time the big dollars were minted was 1978 so they just don't stock the wrappers any more. Most of the time when I find Ikes they are usually loose in an envelope, rubberbabanded or in a box or bag.

Mojo

OP
OP
CHAINCHOMP

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
cool...tho i have a feeling this cu stocks them, cuz i went to a different branch to get my order that had come in so i asked there too (for half & ike wrappers), and the teller who is always very nice, and happy to do bussiness with me brought out a cardboard box from the back w/ a bunch of them shoved down in it like the boxes of flat wrappers that they currently get when ordering the wrappers for other denominations, and she picked out a bunch of them, (21 to be exact) and gave them to me...she thought they were the half wrappers tho :laughing9:, and they were exactly like the other ones, so would it have just been an odd deal that both branches have them from so long ago, or do u think that they still order them???

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Luky for you they have some. Like I said I have a hard time fingding any. My guess is that they may have orderd some but I cant even get them at office supply or Meijer's do stock the coin wrappers available but not the big dollar ones. I think Meijers carries the coin-tainer brand

Mojo

OP
OP
CHAINCHOMP

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
each time i got 2 the bank i ask for a few more, and now im up to 80! they said that they usually try to keep them on hand. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread