ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Silverminer

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Now that you reached 100 time to set a new goal!
When they short your boxes try to pickup dimes when your at the bank anyway.

Cheers! :hello2:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
apush said:
Picked up only 3 boxes of halves this week. Order shorted by 2 boxes at Bank A as the teller was on vacation.

7-40%, plus a nice 2010-D.

I finally got to 100 40%rs (5 full rolls)! Yippee!!! Now I can retire. :laughing7:

apush :read2:

The teller was on vacation ! I guess all of the business customers were out of luck. Probably quite a few customers were unable to cash their checks because the bank ran out of money. Sounds like a feeble lie to me.
What really transpired was that the teller forgot to place your order.
I have one bank like that, and here is how I resolved the problem.On the day that they order coins(they order cash at the same time),as soon as the bank opens, I give them a friendly reminder call. Works every time.
One hundred 40's in such a short time indicates that you are doing great ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Congrats! Youll be surprised how fast those rolls happen even when you go through bad weeks of only a handfull of coins each week.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the milestone but you can't retire until you clean out all the silver in Texas. ;D You may find that forgotten orders happen more often in the summer as tellers go on vacation and forget to order. Once you've established a pattern with a particular branch though, they will be more consistent with ordering.

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Congrats already a hundred coins you are doing great keep up the hunt and have fun.RON

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
apush,
100, (5) full rolls. That's great. Keep up the hunt. The silver is out there!
Ruff...Ruff..."Riley" sends his best to you.
rileyboy

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Better than my week- I lost 3 bank branches last week and only one of them used the F word, other 2 just can't do special coin orders period. Will have alot of free time on my hands starting next week due to being shorted 10-12 boxes. HH Mark

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
ANY silver is good..... Congrats on your milestone..... If you are shorted on halves, try nickles. I usually average 1 war nickle per box. Did find a "V" nickle recently......... HH Gayle

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there's always dimes, I've had some good luck lately with them. Looks like quite a few people have done ok with dimes, always worth a shot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread