timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, got through one box so far, haven't opened the 2nd box.
Box one contained:
2003 and 2006 NIFC. (I'm almost done keeping NIFC, just want a couple rolls of mixed dates for possible future gain)
1984S in nice shape
and 3 40% all 68

Not a bad start, always nice to get silver early in the hunt, at least I know I'm not skunked. I do hope box #2 has a little more silver, but I'd take 3 more and be happy. I've been finding a lil silver every hunt for a while now. I'm no Rileyboy with the streak yet, but it feels good to keep finding a little silver every time.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on that box, I stopped ordering last fall, I had much better luck with dimes vs skunky halves. ffd

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, dimes have been good to me lately. I think I'm going to start searching more dimes. I want to get more bags, but they only fill up so often. For now the halves have been steady for me. I will keep ordering boxes from this bank until I get skunked. Then either wait a little while to order more from the same bank, or find a new one to order them. keep that pattern going, and keep getting halves from where the silver is coming in.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take one silver out of a box of 500 any day. So much better than a "full skunk." And we have all had loads of those.

Happy Silver Hunting and Good Luck!

apush :read2:

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only been skunked on 2 boxes so far. My boxes always have something, just not a ton.

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, I got through the 2nd box last night. pulled 5 more out, all 40%. I do think I might have hit a small vein that will continue to give me silver for a little while. Hopefully I hit a bigger part of the vein with the boxes to come.
8 silver out of 2 boxes isn't bad at all, take it any day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions