silver dime in reject tray

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
My find is not a big deal I know, but it is kind of weird how it happened. When I was cashing some reject halves I had, a silver dime came out in the reject tray. It wasn't there when I started running the coins in that I always check first thing. While the coins were being counted by the machine a couple of pennies came out first. Then I heard another coin drop into the reject tray and it was a 1962 D Roosevelt. I guess it was sitting inside the machine in some type of place where foreign coins and rejects sit before being spit out and the heavy halves caused it to drop out?

Since I only found one 40% in the hand rolls I was dumping, the extra silver dime was a nice bonus I guess.

Jim

Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That make a happy day :laughing7:

apush :read2:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
jim4silver said:
My find is not a big deal I know, but it is kind of weird how it happened. When I was cashing some reject halves I had, a silver dime came out in the reject tray. It wasn't there when I started running the coins in that I always check first thing. While the coins were being counted by the machine a couple of pennies came out first. Then I heard another coin drop into the reject tray and it was a 1962 D Roosevelt. I guess it was sitting inside the machine in some type of place where foreign coins and rejects sit before being spit out and the heavy halves caused it to drop out?

Since I only found one 40% in the hand rolls I was dumping, the extra silver dime was a nice bonus I guess.

Jim
Same thing happened to me on Monday. I was dumping halves, checked the reject tray and filled up my hands twice with foreign coins, most of which were Canadian, Dollars, Quarters,Dimes,and Nickels, a few British, a few Euros, a heavily damaged penny, and a silver War Nickel. None of the Canadian were silver. This has happened to me quite a few times,but not in such a large amount. Best I've ever found this way besides the aforementioned nickel was a 1964 dime, 2 40% halves, and about a half dozen silver Canadian Dimes.
I don't have a clue as to what causes these machines to spit out these coins during a dump. I always check the reject tray before I start. It is a nice surpise when it happens.
HH
Rich

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
If it was a CoinStar machine you were using, sometimes the lighter weight coins get stuck on the padded cushioney stuff that's right above the reject tray. If you stick your hand up there you can feel it. So, your rejects probably knocked it loose and into the tray. I make sure to check thoroughly after every dump, because even some halves get stuck up there sometimes.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice! ive never found silver in, around, rejected, or on top of the machine b4! also, if u crh'ed it u would have paid a dime for it, this one u literally paid nothing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread