Completely full boxes/bags

twinsrule

Dec 26, 2009
I've read about all the dream bags and boxes, and the several full rolls, but has anyone here had a 100% FULL box or bag of coins? By this, i mean you kept every last coin in it, whether it was full of wheats and indians, or full of pre 60 nickels, or full of silver.
As for me, no. I just wondered if anyone has ever dropped off a whole box or bag of collection?

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
One guy said there was a time when every box he got was solid silver, of course it was 1969 when he got it.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your stories Obe. I look forward to them everyweek.

apush :read2:

OP
OP
T

twinsrule

Dec 26, 2009
ok, 976/1000 counts in my head too, i guess i should say over 50 percent of the contents.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
When I first started CRHing in the late 1990s I knew of some solid bags of 90% halves found. Best I ever got were 7 rolls of Barbers/Walkers/Franklins. But yes, from credible sources, I have heard of full bags of 90% silver halves purchased at face from a bank. Keep in mind though that ten years ago silver was hardly worth the trouble for dealers to buy then resell for a decent profit.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once got this 1k bag that looked really old and grimey. Couldnt wait to get it home. When I got home I cracked it open and low and behold it was full of Walkers and Franks. Latest date was 1959 and most of the coins were in AU/BU shape. There were hundreds of Franks with full bell lines and the walkers were so shiney and new I almost passed out...
Then my alarm went off and I had to get up and go to work. :tongue3: :icon_pirat: :laughing7:

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
obe,
i love ur stories too, cuz i always know ur not lying. :laughing9:
as for the solid bags/boxes, nope, heck ive never gotten a solid roll, or a roll w/ more than one silver for that matter.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never gotten a full bag of anything I cared about, but last year I did get a full $25 bag of pennies where they were all circulated 1982 pennies...

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
In late 2008,my son, ScoobaSteve, got a bank bag of all Walkers and Bens. It was on his first road trip,and the first bank he stopped at. Beginners luck at it's best. A couple of weeks later he did it again only with a mix of 40's and 64's in the bag from a different bank.
On the downside it killed off his CRHing money, for a month.
HH
Rich

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Rich Hartford said:
In late 2008,my son, ScoobaSteve, got a bank bag of all Walkers and Bens. It was on his first road trip,and the first bank he stopped at. Beginners luck at it's best. A couple of weeks later he did it again only with a mix of 40's and 64's in the bag from a different bank.
On the downside it killed off his CRHing money, for a month.
HH
Rich
That's got to be the craziest thing I've ever heard of. But a GOOD crazy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread