I think Im going to sell some 64 kennedys

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I think I'm going to sell some 64 kennedys

I have an offer of $1,350 for $100 of 1964 Kennedy's, and I pay shipping, so that will still net me about $1,330. I think I'm going to do it. I have more 1964s and having money sitting in a box doing nothing just sometimes feels odd to me. So I'll sell, take the money, and take out our front yard of grass. Replace it with rocks. In AZ, most houses have no front yard. the watering bills are ridiculous, and it is a pain to cut every week (All year round, as we have winter grass and summer grass) So for this, plus a little more I will use from elsewhere, I can get it taken out and nice cacti put in with rocks and make it look nice.

The hobby is great, and I intend to keep collecting more silver, but selling some off might not be bad once in a while. Plus I still have almost 2 tons of copper pennies that I don't want to sell yet. When copper goes up and those can be sold at a better price I'll have a lot of those to put on the market. :-) FOr now though, I see silver near a multi year high and gold up, and think it might not be bad to sell some off.

And if silver goes to $25 in a week after i sell, I still have my American eagles. :-)

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Re: I think I'm going to sell some 64 kennedys

It sounds as though you are trying to convice yourself it is ok to do it. We don't need any convincing. If you think the money would help you then you should do it. I am fighting the urge to sell my mine as well.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

golden silver said:
It sounds as though you are trying to convice yourself it is ok to do it. We don't need any convincing. If you think the money would help you then you should do it. I am fighting the urge to sell my mine as well.

Golden Silver

Could be true. lol. Lots of effort put into getting those halves.

Could be true ....

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

If I needed the currency would sell some Silver (which is real money), otherwise would NOT! Multi year highs or not there are both economic and goobermental forces driving the PM's higher as well as putting a floor under them. Remember Wiemar Germany- our Gov is very close to just openly monetizing the currency when this happens officially the end is near for the $ and our relatively easy lives, inflation will be here with a vengeance.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Sounds like a good price jrf, although being from Michigan, I can't comprehend the thought of those cacti in the front yard, ouch!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can understand the feeling of the need to sell. It does feel wierd just having it sitting around. I have given myself goals of what I want to save and when I hit those points, I will sell some. Right now I am stocking AG and CU away in anticipation of the coming wave of hyper-inflation we are going to have in the near future. But you know, sometimes you have to reward yourself for all your hard work and if rockin in your front yard makes you happy, then I say do it.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

fistfulladirt said:
Sounds like a good price jrf, although being from Michigan, I can't comprehend the thought of those cacti in the front yard, ouch!
I live in TN and have some Cacti in front of window(s), FIGURE IT WILL BE QUITE A SHOCK SHOULD SOMEONE TRIES TO BREAK IN- MAYBE DISCOURAGE THEM TOO.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Sounds like a good price and it is good to reward yourself every now and then. I have sold some 40% coins in the past. I only got $40 a roll at the time but it was an easy sale and the money went to a good cause at the time. Mine was for a vacation. Besides those 40% take up a lot of space! :tongue3:

Maine_Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

obediah said:
fistfulladirt said:
I live in TN and have some Cacti in front of window(s), FIGURE IT WILL BE QUITE A SHOCK SHOULD SOMEONE TRIES TO BREAK IN- MAYBE DISCOURAGE THEM TOO.
LOL! O, that might be to my disadvantage if I were trying to sneak OUT of the house late at nite! ffd

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

JRF:
That is a fair price; it allows for the 90% silver factor, ten percent profit for the smelter and ten percent profit for your coin buyer. I sold $200 of '64s that I had been lugging around for the last 46 years (!!) and have no regrets. Don....

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Another interesting & ominous for US sign along NWO roadway;

Dollar should be replaced as international standard, U.N. report says

The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

CNN
June 30, 2010

The dollar is an unreliable international currency and should be replaced by a more stable system, the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs said in a report released Tuesday.

The use of the dollar for international trade came under increasing scrutiny when the U.S. economy fell into recession. “The dollar has proved not to be a stable store of value, which is a requisite for a stable reserve currency,” the report said.

Many countries, in Asia in particular, have been building up massive dollar reserves. As a result, those countries’ currencies have become undervalued, decreasing their ability to import goods from abroad.

Read entire article @ link below:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/BUSINESS/06/29/un.report.dollar/index.html?hpt=T2

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

AGCoinHunter said:
Something to think about when selling your PM's.... Make sure you have enough stashed away.

http://www.thedailycrux.com/content/5131/Porter_Stansberry/eml

I believe that hyper inflation. That's why I own a fair amount of silver eagles, copper pennies, and lots of houses for real estate. The value of those houses will also go up high, with my debt still at the low number I owe the bank, so that should work well. :-) It may be tough for a year or two while my renters can't afford to pay any rent, but then I"ll own many houses with no debt, since the debt will be paid off with super cheap dollars. Then the cash flow will be nice. PM's ren't the only hard asset that can be owned. :-)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jrf30 said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Something to think about when selling your PM's.... Make sure you have enough stashed away.

I believe that hyper inflation. That's why I own a fair amount of silver eagles, copper pennies, and lots of houses for real estate. The value of those houses will also go up high, with my debt still at the low number I owe the bank, so that should work well. :-) It may be tough for a year or two while my renters can't afford to pay any rent, but then I"ll own many houses with no debt, since the debt will be paid off with super cheap dollars. Then the cash flow will be nice. PM's ren't the only hard asset that can be owned. :-)

Oh I agree. I own real estate as well. They are a pain in the a$$ sometimes when you get the call at 10 PM that something is broken but the extra cash flow is very nice. And as you say, its a hedge against inflation. Most hard assets are.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

AGCoinHunter said:
jrf30 said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Oh I agree. I own real estate as well. They are a pain in the a$$ sometimes when you get the call at 10 PM that something is broken but the extra cash flow is very nice. And as you say, its a hedge against inflation. Most hard assets are.
RealEstate is for now a terrible investment really with no bottom in sight as yet; when it does come or you can bottom feed the foreclosure system you can do well long term but as it stands now a significant portion of homeowners are underwater or their equity has evaporated in a market that has been so manipulated there is actually no market at all today.

The secret or maybe just the key to surviving what is happening and yet to come is to stay number one debt free, and be prepared for anything you know stock up on staples including lead grow a garden and know- be friends with your neighbors especially. Stay as liquid as possible, hard assets will likely for some time be either a drain to make payments & have no real possibility of recouping costs for sometime should one want to sell; even if hyperinflation comes the $ value of sale will be deceptive as it wont buy near what it did when you invested them.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

obediah said:
AGCoinHunter said:
jrf30 said:
AGCoinHunter said:

RealEstate is for now a terrible investment really with no bottom in sight as yet; when it does come or you can bottom feed the foreclosure system you can do well long term but as it stands now a significant portion of homeowners are underwater or their equity has evaporated in a market that has been so manipulated there is actually no market at all today.

The secret or maybe just the key to surviving what is happening and yet to come is to stay number one debt free, and be prepared for anything you know stock up on staples including lead grow a garden and know- be friends with your neighbors especially. Stay as liquid as possible, hard assets will likely for some time be either a drain to make payments & have no real possibility of recouping costs for sometime should one want to sell; even if hyperinflation comes the $ value of sale will be deceptive as it wont buy near what it did when you invested them.

Sorry Obe, have to disagre with you on the real estate. Yes, if you bought in at the top and are highly leveraged you are in a bad situation. I bought my properties well below the market top and have flexability on rents depending on how bad the market is. Trust me, I didnt get caught up in the "real estate will appreciate forever" hype. Two of my properties were passed down from family members so I know I got a good deal. The funny thing is in hyper-inflation, if you have a mortgage (just like the government and the their debt) you inflate yourself out of debt. But this comes at the destruction of the entire economy. I would rather not see inflation and continue to pay my debt but its inevitable, we are going to have hyper-inflation. You are correct about hard assets though.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

AGCoinHunter said:
obediah said:
AGCoinHunter said:
jrf30 said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Sorry Obe, have to disagre with you on the real estate. Yes, if you bought in at the top and are highly leveraged you are in a bad situation. I bought my properties well below the market top and have flexability on rents depending on how bad the market is. Trust me, I didnt get caught up in the "real estate will appreciate forever" hype. Two of my properties were passed down from family members so I know I got a good deal. The funny thing is in hyper-inflation, if you have a mortgage (just like the government and the their debt) you inflate yourself out of debt. But this comes at the destruction of the entire economy. I would rather not see inflation and continue to pay my debt but its inevitable, we are going to have hyper-inflation. You are correct about hard assets though.
Your not talking about an investment if your properties in question was passed down from generation to generation. If you INVEST in properties and do so by debt and leverage and or with the hope of the rent paying the bills you are taking a serious risk- gamble (Vegas would be safer in my mind). Know 2 personally that did this one survived buying 9 homes like this only cause his dad helped him out when times got tuff- the strain on him was severe but he is now a millionaire, the other guy did 7 or 8 homes in Pheonix economy went south within 3 months all his renters left and he was bankrupt[ed], lost everything but his military pension which he lives on now in a trailer.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

obediah said:
AGCoinHunter said:
obediah said:
AGCoinHunter said:
jrf30 said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Your not talking about an investment if your properties in question was passed down from generation to generation. If you INVEST in properties and do so by debt and leverage and or with the hope of the rent paying the bills you are taking a serious risk- gamble (Vegas would be safer in my mind). Know 2 personally that did this one survived buying 9 homes like this only cause his dad helped him out when times got tuff- the strain on him was severe but he is now a millionaire, the other guy did 7 or 8 homes in Pheonix economy went south within 3 months all his renters left and he was bankrupt[ed], lost everything but his military pension which he lives on now in a trailer.

No, these are investments. I pay monthly for them. The nice part of the deal was that I didnt have to pay the huge premiums in the RE market at the time.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Agree debt can be good in hyperinflation but ONLY if you can or have a guaranteed income and nerves of steel too, but in the end we will be under a tyrannical socialist gooberment, you a$$ets will belong too the State!

Freedom is only an illusion today.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

Actually real estate could probably go either way. Owning real estate sounds like a good idea while inflation hits but untill then you still have to pay the mortgage. Regardless of what "they" say we are not all equal and my less then equal tennants make life and trying to get ahead very stressfull. One works for toyota and the other is a substitute teacher neither job right now looking too good. Without long boring stories of their shenanigans i will just say i wish i sold during the boom and put my money into gold and silver for the coming inflation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread