2 vacations = 2 road trips = 2 firsts

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
My family and I took two extended weekend vacations over the past two weeks. The first trip was over the 4th weekend and took me to an area that has several smaller towns than where I live. So, I hit all the banks in the neighboring towns. I ended up with about $1400 of halfs which produced 1 Ben, 10 1964's and 66 40%'ers. One of the 40%'ers was my first 1970-D. It was from a tellers tray.

The second trip we went in a completely different direction and I hit a few more banks in a couple of towns. There weren't many halves to be had on this trip aside from someone's $500 box of dumps. I was almost positive it was a dump when they brought it out from the vault, but I gave it a shot anyway. One bank ended up having 3 rolls of halves and the teller also said that another teller only had some of the big dollar coins. I said I would take them, and when she went to gather them I heard that beautiful sound of silver. She came back with 5 coins in her hand and a roll which contained 17 more coins. I immediately saw 1 silver rim from the coins in her hand. She wanted to empty the roll and count all the coins. I told her it wasn't necessary, but she insisted. I started to worry that the roll would be full of sliver and some greedy teller would start pouncing on them. Well, she emptied them out and grouped all 22 coins together and counted them out in her hand one by one. There ended up being 2 silvers total and she breezed right past those silver coins as if they were nothing special. So, out of the 22 big dollars I ended up with 2 Peace dollars. A 1922, and 1925 both with no mint marks.

So, both trips gave me two firsts. My first 1970-D and my first big dollar silver coins. Thanks for reading.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the vacation haul! Once again, I'm just totally amazed that silver dollars make it past the tellers, and into the hands of a roll searcher. WTG!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice score on the halves...but, GREAT SCORE on the $$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats unbelievable...i hope some day i have a score like that!!! keep it up and hh!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding silver dollars I bet was quite a bit of a pleasant surprise. Those are super finds.

apush :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread