The fees have started

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Not that i do boxes too often [ i like road trips better] my bank that i have been with for 30 years, keep over $20,000 in it and only order 1 box a month wants to charge me 20 cents a roll [ $10 a box ] from now on. Unfortunately i havnt done enuff boxes to get an idea if a charge will be worth it . My question is for those with similar circumstances - has anyone had luck with getting the fees reversed. I will also currently try to order from my other banks and see what happens.

Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I would say your bank doesn't want your money. $10/ is the highest I've heard of= about double "cost" I'd say. I know what I would do. HH Mark

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Find another bank. I would let them know that if they charge you that money that you are going to pull your 20,000 and they will lose a customer of over 30 years.

Golden Silver

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
That would be like losing a 90%er and 2 40% out of every box. I would bet you would go in the hole on at least 9 outta 10 boxes.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to pack it up and take all your money with you. Specifically tell them why you are pulling your money out, but I bet they could care less.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
AGCoinHunter said:
Time to pack it up and take all your money with you. Specifically tell them why you are pulling your money out, but I bet they could care less.

and ask for it all in singles so you can go tipping the correct people

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Actually I wonder if you could cash out in half dollars. They can't charge you for closing your account right if you have been there so long. It would be worth a try.

Golden Silver

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
Actually I wonder if you could cash out in half dollars. They can't charge you for closing your account right if you have been there so long. It would be worth a try.

Golden Silver

That would be one heck of a haul. 20K = 40 boxes.... I sure hope you have a nice dump bank. Would be fun to search though.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Think of what you might bring in though. Then again 40 skunks would make me want to jump of a tall building with my pockets full of clad.

Golden silver

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
quiksilver said:
Not that i do boxes too often [ i like road trips better] my bank that i have been with for 30 years, keep over $20,000 in it and only order 1 box a month wants to charge me 20 cents a roll [ $10 a box ] from now on. Unfortunately i havnt done enuff boxes to get an idae if a charge will be worth it . My question is for those with similar circumstances - has anyone had luck with getting the fees reversed. I wilolo currently try to order from my other banks.

Just politely ask where the fee is in their small print, so you can account for it. If it is not there, again politely say that hey - you can charge a fee but not single me out for that fee. And $10 is high. How about $2 per box? YOu're telling them you will help defray the costs (if there are any) but you don't think their arbitrary $10 is a good number. See what they say. But if they won't budge, again tell them they can't charge you if it is not a charge for everyone, and that you therefore will close your account and tell others that the bank is treating people differently. Say it as a fact, not a rant. Then immeidately ask that same person for a cashier's check to close your account. They still might at that time say it is okay to not charge $10 per box, since you only do one box.

Be nice, but be firm. Ask for the fee schedule, then ask for the reduction, then ask for the check. From the same person, so she knows the corrolation between her saying no and you closing the account. Acting like a responsible and calm adult can get you your way a LOT in america, becaue so many others do NOT act that way. So they treat it well when someone does.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
quiksilver said:
Not that i do boxes too often [ i like road trips better] my bank that i have been with for 30 years, keep over $20,000 in it and only order 1 box a month wants to charge me 20 cents a roll [ $10 a box ] from now on. Unfortunately i havnt done enuff boxes to get an idae if a charge will be worth it . My question is for those with similar circumstances - has anyone had luck with getting the fees reversed. I wilolo currently try to order from my other banks.

Here is what I would and will do. I'd meet with the manager and tell him/her that you are closing your account due to the box fees. Tell the manager that box fees are indicative of this banks financial problems,and that you are going to tell your neighbors,relatives,friends,and associates that their savings are in jeopardy, and to close all accounts before this particular business declares a bank holiday. Go on to say that you will give warning to the general public by going on cable public access TV(or leased access) and announcing this banks problems. Invite the manager as a guest on the show.
HH
Rich

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
quiksilver said:

Here is what I would and will do. I'd meet with the manager and tell him/her that you are closing your account due to the box fees. Tell the manager that box fees are indicative of this banks financial problems,and that you are going to tell your neighbors,relatives,friends,and associates that their savings are in jeopardy, and to close all accounts before this particular business declares a bank holiday. Go on to say that you will give warning to the general public by going on cable public access TV(or leased access) and announcing this banks problems. Invite the manager as a guest on the show.
HH
Rich

Better watch out, they can toss you in jail for invoking a bank run... it would be funny to see the managers reaction to your story though.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
AGCoinHunter said:
Rich Hartford said:
quiksilver said:

HH
Rich

Better watch out, they can toss you in jail for invoking a bank run... it would be funny to see the managers reaction to your story though.

That would be great if they would,because it would be a slam dunk moneymaker for me. Unfortunately the banks lawyers know that too.
HH
Rich

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
jrf30 is right.
It is also possible that they recently altered terms with their coin vendor and pay by the roll rather than a flat fee for coins to save money.
Most likely, this a branch specific rule or a new manager may be responsible for this. Have you tried ordering from other branches?
Do what jrf says and keep us updated!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I've got some searched boxes for sale and I'm only charging 2 bucks over face. Any takers? I'll bet that there are some. :laughing7:
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
HH
Rich

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Rich it is called ebay. I just saw 3 machine rolls of half dollars sell for 54 dollars the other day. People buy them and pay a premium at times for the chance to pull silver. Can you believe it?
Golden Silver

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
All they are doing is telling you is your coin orders are too much trouble for them and they obviously want you to quit. (My Bank did not order for me again guess they are telling me to go away too.)

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
golden silver said:
Rich it is called ebay. I just saw 3 machine rolls of half dollars sell for 54 dollars the other day. People buy them and pay a premium at times for the chance to pull silver. Can you believe it?
Golden Silver

I believe it ! What I find hard to believe is this.
Customer I'd like to order a box of halves.
Banker Certainly ! However I'm going to have to cheat you a little bit by charging you 10 bucks. I'm sure you won't mind because you look like a dumb ash.
Customer Gee whiz ! How about you just cheat me out of 5 bucks?
Banker I'm sorry we don't negotiate.
Customer Fugetta bout it ! I can get a better deal from Fingers and Louie the Coin in Little Italy.
HH
Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
I've got some searched boxes for sale and I'm only charging 2 bucks over face. Any takers? I'll bet that there are some. :laughing7:
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
HH
Rich
Bet there are those who sell their Clad Eisenhower Dollars to that dealer who buys them for .90 cents and sells them for 1.70 a piece too. :dontknow: :laughing9:

OP
OP
Q

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Thanx for the input all , the other branches arnt close enuff for me to try . Since i only order once a month i will order from the other banks i belong to untill i wear out my welcome. I will also pull my money out as soon as i get off my lazy a$$. That bank has my direct deposit, con ed , cable , credit cards etc on auto pay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread