I need a little help.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Tell her that if you find 1 40% silver coin each week, that $500 will earn you over $75 in a years time. Providing the market doesn't take a big drop. Current interest rates on a saving account will net you $5 or less in that same time period. Have her email me, if you want.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
If you can tell us your mom's objections it will be easier for us to help you. Your mom may not want $500-$1000 worth of halves around the house. She may think that you will start spending the "savings" etc... If we know the objections we can help make a strong case for your request.

HH,
65GT350

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 40% half a week would actually earn you close $100 in a year. If you could sell them for $2.50 a piece, minus the 50 cents per coin that you are saving. That's just my take on it though.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gtfan76 said:
For a while I've been wanting to order my first box of halves. I have the money and all but there is one problem. My mom doesn't want me to take the money out of my account. I mean I just buying money for money. There are no fees it anything. Any tips on convincing her?

How old are you? She is probably looking at this from the stand point that she would be alloting significant time helping with your hobby. If you don't have a drivers license, she has to drive. She would
probably being the one making the order for you and what about dumping those coins that are not
silver. Do you have a place already lined up where you can dispose of them?

You need to make a detailed plan on what you want to do, think it through then present it to her in a professional way. This might make take some of the anixety off her shoulders. You must also realize that
younger people tend to start something and never finish it, it is a passing fad.

Sounds like you need a little more thought put into your request of your mother to alleviate her fears.

Just my humble opinion based on 23 years of parenting.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yeah show her this site and what people find. Then show here what a roll of 1964 silver half dollars sell for on ebay.

Golden Silver

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I would have to agree. Your mom is looking at this as a situation where she haas to put as much time into it as one of us do. So if it were once a week or once a month it could sway her a little if it were occassional.

The hardest part is dumping. And no gurantee on finding keepers. The only good thing is that it is a situation where you are exchanging money for money with an upside if you find keepers.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread