Results from 1st Dime Box. With interesting find.

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Well, I took the plunge and got my first dime box. It appears to be an N.F. String & Son variety. I also picked up 1 customer wrapped dime roll and three quarter rolls -those were a bust. The first roll from the box contained a silver dime, and I got the feeling this box had some really good potential. But, the pace quickly slowed and I only found two more silver rosies. I was somewhat surprised to find a 1943 Canadian 10 cent piece. There was another Canadian dime that fooled me, but it was not a silver.

So I made out with four dimes, how'd I do? I guess I'm hooked because I already ordered two more boxes. I think I might try quarters in the future but I hear those aren't nearly as common.

Attachments

• dime1.JPG
    dime1.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 490
  • dime 2.JPG
    dime 2.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 478
  • dime 3.JPG
    dime 3.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 495
  • dime 4.JPG
    dime 4.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 478
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MauserMan

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
I forgot to add that I found a whole stack of 2009 P's and some 2010's. They're whatever.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
MM, ya did good. Four silver dimes from a S&S box is above average. An early silver Canadian in the mix makes it cool.
I throw those post '67 Canadians out the window. Every time I dump a box I end up with half a roll's worth in the reject tray.
Keep up the good work.

ffd

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
With my averages i would have to do 16 boxes to get those 4 dimes. You did quite well.

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Nice score there! and it's kind of funny to because the first silver dime I found was a 1943 Canadian! what are the odds? HH.

Chuck.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Mauser, I don't think I remember seeing you on this forum. So Welcome. Love to see the old dimes. You have some not so typical finds in that bunch. Take Care.

Golden Silver

Silverminer

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
MM

Check the canadian dime the picture appears to be a 1943 which has 80% silver I believe check coinflation for the exact dates.

Good Box!

Cheers

OP
OP
MauserMan

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
golden silver said:
Mauser, I don't think I remember seeing you on this forum. So Welcome. Love to see the old dimes. You have some not so typical finds in that bunch. Take Care.

Golden Silver
Thanks GS. Ya, the Canadian's an 80% silver '43. Hopefully I'll find a couple more in my boxes this week. But I'm still glad to have gotten my first silver half, a '64 a few days ago.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds. Dimes were doing great for me last month, not so well this month.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread