Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I got this box the other day. This box looks like it was search through, rewrapped, resealed, returned to the bank, then the bank returned them back to Loomis. Loomis now delivers it to my bank. The teller has about six of these boxes. Any comments? Does anyone return their halves like this? Just curious. :dontknow:

Joe

By the way, just for the heck of it, I looked through them and no silver... :(

Attachments

• IMG_3981.jpg
    IMG_3981.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Joe88 said:
Hi,
I got this box the other day. This box looks like it was search through, rewrapped, resealed, returned to the bank, then the bank returned them back to Loomis. Loomis now delivers it to my bank. The teller has about six of these boxes. Any comments? Does anyone return their halves like this? Just curious. :dontknow:

Joe

Joe,
It's got to be someone from Connecticut. Saw the same box and wrappers a couple of months ago when I went to pick up my boxes. At the time Loomis was delivering coins to this particular bank. I went to pick up my 8 boxes in the vault and their were 12 boxes there. So I was checking the holes for enders when I came upon a similar box. I left that particular box for the "other guy" :laughing7:, as I was sure that it was a searched box.
Next time you go to pick up a box, check the holes in the box.
HH
Rich

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
Received two of the same in Worcester. I posted about it. Never saw them again. I guess Loomis sometimes gets lazy.

Total doochbag move if its a CRHer. Worse than finding a silver painted half. Which is pretty low.

Speaking of which. I have been finding them (~1/box) in some brinks boxes. My guess is it's a CRHer. You guys see any of these? They don't bother me too much as my edge eyedar system is far to advanced to be fooled by mere paint.

G

OP
OP
Joe88

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
Joe88 said:
Hi,

Joe

Joe,
It's got to be someone from Connecticut. Saw the same box and wrappers a couple of months ago when I went to pick up my boxes. At the time Loomis was delivering coins to this particular bank. I went to pick up my 8 boxes in the vault and their were 12 boxes there. So I was checking the holes for enders when I came upon a similar box. I left that particular box for the "other guy" :laughing7:, as I was sure that it was a searched box.
Next time you go to pick up a box, check the holes in the box.
HH
Rich

Rich,
I guess these 'searched' boxes are making their way all around Southern NE. I looked at the bottom through the holes and saw the different wrappers, but still took a shot. Now, if only some of your
'silver' boxes would come over here. :dontknow: :laughing7:
Joe

OP
OP
Joe88

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WormtownFJR said:
Received two of the same in Worcester. I posted about it. Never saw them again. I guess Loomis sometimes gets lazy.

Total doochbag move if its a CRHer. Worse than finding a silver painted half. Which is pretty low.

Speaking of which. I have been finding them (~1/box) in some brinks boxes. My guess is it's a CRHer. You guys see any of these? They don't bother me too much as my edge eyedar system is far to advanced to be fooled by mere paint.

G

I thought all banks were required to bag the halves before shipping them off. I guess they are getting lazy, too. I found the letter 'A' written on many of the halves in this box.
Joe

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
WormtownFJR said:

G
Never got painted silver edges,yet. I've been getting something far worse, gold plated halves with a decal of BO covering Kennedy's face.
HH
Rich

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We get boxes like that here in Maryland also but they are even more evil. The person uses the original machine roll and puts the coins back in those machine wrappers so you don't know until you open the box.

Last time I got one, every single roll was one coin short. I tried to take it back but the bank did not believe me so I complained to Dunbar who is truck service in this area and asked if they ever dropped boxes from on bank to another without verifiing the contents. They said yes, I very slowly and calmly I explained what happened and they sent me a check for $25. I was shocked.

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
Piercesdad said:
We get boxes like that here in Maryland also but they are even more evil. The person uses the original machine roll and puts the coins back in those machine wrappers so you don't know until you open the box.

Last time I got one, every single roll was one coin short. I tried to take it back but the bank did not believe me so I complained to Dunbar who is truck service in this area and asked if they ever dropped boxes from on bank to another without verifiing the contents. They said yes, I very slowly and calmly I explained what happened and they sent me a check for $25. I was shocked.

I put them back in the rolls, but won't use the box (it's somewhere in CRH rules not to). Always count.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread