Good day for halves!.............and some unusual pictures

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Hit a small bank out in the boonies today. They only had $180 in rolled halves, so I bought them. As you can see from the picture, one of the rolls was a sure bet, and he even had a twin brother hiding inside!! I totaled with 2 Franklin's, 5 40% Kennedy's, and 1 1982 Peso.
The other pictures are of a very old junkyard I drive by a lot. I will make it a point to stop & talk to the owner to see if I can go in and try to get some better shots. I think that there is real potential for some great black & white pictures in there.
The other pictures are kind of strange. There are several Indian cemetery's in the area, all are roughly the same size, and all have the same type of fence around them. But for some reason, this particular cemetery has lots of clothing on the fence, and from what I can tell, almost all of it is women's underwear & bras, so I call it the "Underwear Shrine". I just think it is really weird, and figured not many have seen it (or any like it) so I took a shot. Who knows, maybe it is like those penny trays you see in gas stations.........you know...."Have a pair, leave a pair.......Need a pair, take a pair" LOL, makes you wonder about the locals!

Paul

Attachments

• PICT0001 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0001 (Medium).JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 317
  • PICT0008 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0008 (Medium).JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 317
  • PICT0010 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0010 (Medium).JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 311
  • PICT0011 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0011 (Medium).JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
here is the rest

Attachments

• PICT0006 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0006 (Medium).JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 305
  • PICT0003 (Large).JPG
    PICT0003 (Large).JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 304
  • PICT0004 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0004 (Medium).JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 298

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa cool, Paul!

Every time I see auto graveyards I think the same thing...coins in the cracks of the seats! And these look like a goldmine for early 20th century finds.

About 20 years ago I bought a 1966 AMC Rambler. As I was removing the old floormats I found four Ike dollars underneath near the door on the passenger side.

Very peculiar about the makeshift clothesline/fence. Maybe it's the same idea as this bar in NYC, if you dance on the bar you have to leave your bra. Perhaps the owner can explain. Great photos nonetheless!

Bravo on the silver too. Nothing like seeing ol' Ben peeking out from the end of the roll.

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Got to love those Franklins! ;D I'm starting to check old cars too...I travel quite a bit and stop at pick-a-part type places and wander around (been checking the ash trays mainly). Haven't found anything yet but will keep looking. I usually say I'm looking for hub caps for a friend who collects them.HH

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you must mean 'an awesome day for halves!!'
Seeing the top of that rolled would have made my heart stop..
Maybe I need to check out some banks in the smaller towns, too...
HH!!

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions