Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slow-Down at the Silver Mine -- Great Find from a Teller's Tray

Folks,
I hit my favorite bank, it has been so reliable at producing keepers that I've dubbed it my "silver mine." Well this week there was a definite "work slow-down"! Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed going to this bank, I enjoy talking with the tellers and with the Manager, they are all really nice folks and I appreciate the relationships I have with them; but I wouldn't be going except for the great quality of the finds there. Anyway, last week four boxes gave up 12 90% and 60 40% keepers. All but three of the coins came from two boxes! So I was rearing to go back and see what the silver mine would give up.

Well, meager take this week. I got what are only my second and third skunk box from that bank, and the two boxes that did produce gave up modest finds. Box 2 of 4 gave me 9 40%: a 1965; a 1966; 6x 1967; and a 1969-D. Box 4 of 4 gave me 1x 90% (a 1964-D) and 7 40%: 2x 1966; 3x 1967; a 1968-D; and a 1969-D.

So I went ahead and hit a few banks today. The first one I struck a nice set from a teller's tray. She was a real nice lady and we had a good time talking. When she poured out the coins she had in the envelope I could see silver edges everywhere. Bens. Well she didn't blink an eye when I offered to take them off her hands, along with 50 in hand rolls that were in the vault. This teller knew she was passing along silver, to a customer without an account, but she was as nice as could be. We talked a good bit about neat coins we find and how we collect them. I think that envelope was going home with her tonight, before my visit. Anyway, I spent $11.50 and came away with 5 Ike's (all clad 1974 and Bicentennials); a single Bicentennial Half; 7x Franklin's (a 1952-D, 2x 1962-D, and 4x 1963-D) and 5x 1964 Kennedy's.

I love this hobby! Happy Hunting! ;D
Steve

Attachments

• Four Box total for July 24 2010.JPG
    Four Box total for July 24 2010.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 449
  • 26 July 2010 cold visit.JPG
    26 July 2010 cold visit.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Steve L.

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Slow-Down at the Silver Mine -- Great Find from a Teller's Tray

By the way, all the other rolls I picked up were dump rolls. I can't complain!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Nice score and great photos !
HH
Rich

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Hi Steve L,
Excellent day for you. The Bens and 1964 Kennedy's are great. Always fun to chat with the tellers and make friends with them. I do it even when I'm not even CRHing. If they like you they will always save for you the halves that come in from other customers. Happens to me all the time including the great score I got last Friday. Anyway, congrats again. BTW....nice pix, too!
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread