Finds this week -Two dime boxes

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Unfortunately, not much to report. I was relieved to find a '64 halfway through the first box and thus dodge a skunk. Second box was slightly better yielding 2x '63s... but not as good as last week's box. Managed to get 17 canadians, 3 British and a Cayman Islands too but Im never thrilled to find her majesty's alluminum face looking back at me. Only managed to scrape up about 5 halves from the 6 or so banks I tried. The two from one bank were what's apparently gold-plated bicentennials, P & D mints, kinda weird. Think I'll hang on to them for now, they look pretty neat. I'll keep ya posted if I get anything good tom. or Friday.

H.H.

Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
ya i agree! nice score tho compared to me! im currently going thru my largest dime skunk run ever! at $600.00, thats right $600.00, and not a lousy '64 yet!!! got 2 boxes coming in tomorrow occupying me till my halves arrive, so we'll see...keep it up and hh!

2Cents

Nov 4, 2009
California
I rarely get Canadian coins (pennies, nickels, or dimes). I'm in northern California. I'm not saying I'd like to see more but I used to get them all the time in my change when I lived near Chicago. Is this a regional thing?

OP
OP
MauserMan

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
2Cents said:
I rarely get Canadian coins (pennies, nickels, or dimes). I'm in northern California. I'm not saying I'd like to see more but I used to get them all the time in my change when I lived near Chicago. Is this a regional thing?
I don't know, only got 2 Canadians in the last box and I'm not on the border... but probably.
Got another $40 in half rolls and some dimes today but found nothing. :( May try again.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Keep at it...just like we all do. It will happen for you if you eat everything on your plate.
rileyboy

OP
OP
MauserMan

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
coincrazed said:
I always do at least two boxes of Dimes a week, and seldom come out with less than three Silver Dimes. You did good. Congrats. - coincrazed

CC. have you ever found any proofs? Is there a way to find them by rim-searching?

Update- Got two more boxes today and yesterday and got a '53, a '54, and a '63. Not bad, certainly not the best. Maybe next week I'll do better.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
MM, I've found 2 proofs so far, i think '93 and '97. I don't date search, but they stuck out when rim searching, due to their thickness and sharper reeded edge. ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread