Lightning stikes twice....

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up my halves today and was supprised that they were 2 boxes instead of the bags I had been getting. Took them to the car and opened them up, nothing on top. Being that most of the boxes I have gotten from this carrier in the past have really sucked, I was rather disappointed. I stacked them up in my floorboard and headed home. Traffic was horrid and had to slam on my breaks one time that sent the first box flying all over the place in my floorboard. Got home and started to stack them back into the box and found 2 rolls with enders on them. This got my blood pumpin. Took them inside and unpacked both boxes checking for enders. Found another with a 64 from the other box. Well I let my wife crack these open and guaranteed her that she would find silver in them. She liked that. Finished up the rest of the rolls and was in for quite a supprise. Not a huge score but lots of variety and my second, yes, second Stone Mountain commemorative in the last 3 weeks. Here were the results...

39 - 40's
4 - 64 Kens.
3 - Bens (one of which I would say is BU shape will full bell lines)
3 - Walkers (37, 39, 41)
Stone Mountain Commemorative
1- very flat quarter (bottom of the group pic, was in between halves in a roll)

This was much better than I expected. Got a few pics of the enders, a roll that had a walker, ben and a 64 ken, few of the entire stash, and the BU Ben and Commemorative. Enjoy and HH

AG

Attachments

• 8610x1.JPG
    8610x1.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 410
  • 8610x2 tri-fecta.JPG
    8610x2 tri-fecta.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 410
  • 8610x3.JPG
    8610x3.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 414
  • 8610x4.JPG
    8610x4.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 415
  • 8610x5.JPG
    8610x5.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
AGCoinHunter said:
Picked up my halves today and was supprised that they were 2 boxes instead of the bags I had been getting. Took them to the car and opened them up, nothing on top. Being that most of the boxes I have gotten from this carrier in the past have really sucked, I was rather disappointed. I stacked them up in my floorboard and headed home. Traffic was horrid and had to slam on my breaks one time that sent the first box flying all over the place in my floorboard. Got home and started to stack them back into the box and found 2 rolls with enders on them. This got my blood pumpin. Took them inside and unpacked both boxes checking for enders. Found another with a 64 from the other box. Well I let my wife crack these open and guaranteed her that she would find silver in them. She liked that. Finished up the rest of the rolls and was in for quite a supprise. Not a huge score but lots of variety and my second, yes, second Stone Mountain commemorative in the last 3 weeks. Here were the results...

39 - 40's
4 - 64 Kens.
3 - Bens (one of which I would say is BU shape will full bell lines)
3 - Walkers (37, 39, 41)
Stone Mountain Commemorative
1- very flat quarter (bottom of the group pic, was in between halves in a roll)

This was much better than I expected. Got a few pics of the enders, a roll that had a walker, ben and a 64 ken, few of the entire stash, and the BU Ben and Commemorative. Enjoy and HH

AG

Great score!!! Those Stone Mountains are nice coins. I'd sure like to find one. Believe it or not I've yet to get a commemorative this year.
I did get two Bens today that were AU/BU, a 56 and a 63. Can't remember ever getting them in that shape before.
HH
Rich

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
AGcoinhunter,
Great score on that Stone Mountain. I got one on Friday out of a roll from a bank. I had my coin dealer look at it yesterday and he said it's worth about $40. No "eye appeal" due to it being very darkly toned, but very little wear and he graded it VF+. Amazing that you and I got one out of rolls in the same week. Maybe it's a good omen for the others here on the forum.
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread