The Week in Review August 1-7 2010

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I've been thinking very seriously of switching hobbies,not because I don't like CRHing, just getting a bit bored with it.
I wasn't even excited about picking up Friday's boxes as I was nearly skunked last week.
Then, it starts raining silver. Isn't that always the way.
Didn't get any Walkers this week but I did get my first Magicians coin. I told my wife that it was a spy coin used during the Cold War to smuggle microdot photos of secret documents :laughing7:. I pulled it apart in front of my grandaughter in a display of super strength. She asked" How can you do that Papa"? "I eat all my vegetables",I replied.
I also picked up an unusal coin,totally worthless, but great looking in my opinion. A 1967 Medio Peso from the Dominican Republic.It depicts an Indian on the front and a coat of arms on the back. I guess they were silver the year before.
No Obama gold halves this week. but I got a couple of regular gold plated halves which I haven't seen in a while. My grandaughter collects these and the foreign coins I find.
Friday I got 2 Bens,a 56 and a 63,that appeared as if they were newly minted. I can't recall ever getting Bens in this condition.
That's it for this week. Next week I'll be reporting on the multi dream boxes that I am going to recover.
HH
Rich

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I here you on the rollercoaster effect, the last week of july I scored a single 40%'r for my efforts (10 boxes) but this week I did a little road tripping while running errands and scored an entire roll of 40%'s on one stop and pulled 4 more around town and one of my boxes this week produced 20 keepers but the rest produced just 4 more out of my regular 10 box circut. This week alone produced as much as I pulled all of last month wich tells you how lean July was for me......

Still can't get away from it.

Mojo

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i got one of those magic coins a while back...cool coins too!
also, i havent seen any of the gold plated halves in a while either.
nice finds for the week, cuz any silver is silver, and a week with bens is a gr8 week for me!
keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread