Two boxes of halves searched - 2010-08-09

ArkhamHouse

Aug 1, 2010
This week I obtained two $500 half boxes from my local bank, both sealed and date stamped "Jul 29 2010"

I found:

1967, 1968-D

Both of these were found in the last ten rolls of the second box. The rest of the coins were dated 1971 - 2001. No 1987-dated coins were found, nor any proofs, or foreign coins. None of the rolls were "short".

Among the miscellany, there was a 1983-D half that had been stamped "1960 1980" above "In God We Trust". The coin also appeared to have been either polished or plated with some shiny metal. There was also a holed 1971-D half, and a 1976-D Bicentennial half with a very shiny observe, either highly polished or plated, but with a normal reverse.

I think I will search nickels in the future.

Thanks to all for the excellent posts.

-Arkham House

Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice finds...i think that coin dated 1960-1980 was some sort of commemorative thing made by the mint. also, the other day i got one of those bic., that was extremely shiny in the front, but the back was normal...what r the chances of that, so i bet they were made for some sms or something.
keep it up and hh!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were sold by a private company, not the mint.
You found 2 silver, don't sound so down. It could have been worse.
HH
enamel7

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
enamel7 said:
They were sold by a private company, not the mint.
You found 2 silver, don't sound so down. It could have been worse.
HH
enamel7
oh...my bad, thanks for the correction. :icon_thumleft:
but enamel's right, im going thru one of my largest skunk streaks...almost 5k, and still nothing, so an average of 1 silver per box would be like heaven to me!
keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread