Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Been wonderin' where Rich is myself. Hope he's ok, maybe just on a cross-country road trip, bringin back a huge silver haul.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In his last few posts he said he was thinking of starting a new hobby. I am sure he is just taking a break. Silver searching is a bad, bad addiction, you just cant walk away. He will be back.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Here he is !!!! Lifting all those boxes has definitely put some definition in Mssr. Hartford.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 842

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope his stack of Franklins and Walkers didn't tip over and crush him! ;D

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wondering where he's been too. Haven't seen a post from him in at least a week or two. I hope all is well. My guess is he decided to take a total count on all of his silver pulled from roll hunting. He's probably not even half way done.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
He had made some comments in some of his posts about a certain member being banned. Perhaps he left in protest?

I like RH's posts and I hope he comes back.

Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Rich hasn't signed on since 8/13 - he may have moved on after the Obe affair. Hard to say. From what he's posted he seems to throw himself full tilt into things. Maybe he leaves in the same way.

Maine_Jim

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
ArkieBassMan said:
I hope his stack of Franklins and Walkers didn't tip over and crush him! ;D
lol!
thats unreal tho, thats impossible, cuz his mountain of WALKERS would have crushed him b4 his country of bens. but i even doubt that, i bet he got a dream box (solid walkers w/ his luck), and passed out for a week or 2. :laughing9:
hope hes ok, keep it up and hh!

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
I sent him a personal message last week and haven't heard back from him which is unusual.
Hope he's okay and just on vacation.
rileyboy

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to PM him. He always quickly responses to my inquiries. It bounced back stating there is "no Rich Hartford." Guess he decided it was time to move on. Very sad for me personally. He always gave me great advice. I will miss him, but hope he comes back.

Oh darn the luck :dontknow:,

apush :read2:

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
maybe he is burned out from looking through so many boxes! I could never do that many and not get sick of it. :dontknow: :dontknow:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not upset that Obe is gone. That guy was bringing the whole forum down with his rhetoric. I don't mind someone voicing their opinion, but let's keep it civil and not invade every stinking thread out here. It's also unreasonable to call others stupid just because they don't agree with you. I've stayed far away from the CRH forum recently as a direct result of Obe's rants. It's good to know that I can come back now and enjoy discussion about actual CRH'ing instead of listening to people groan about politics. These days you don't have to go far to find people groaning about politics. But you don't find many places where you can actually talk about CRH'ing.

Now Rich is a different matter. I had always liked him and he gave good advice. HOWEVER, aligning himself with Obe was a bad idea and I got to the point where I ignored everything that Rich was saying. He basically just started trumpeting whatever Obe was ranting about at the time. And now he appears to be gone.

If that doesn't tell you what the political hatred in this country is doing to people then I don't know what will. Rich let his emotions get the better of him. If he wants to live his life in fear and backing someone like Obe then that's his business. But my respect for him has dwindled over the past few months because of it. And that's too bad. He's a good guy. With Obe gone he may have been able to go back to the way he used to be: helpful, genuinely nice, and full of laughs. Now he's off to other things. I only hope he can learn to put all of that hatred and fear behind him.

I wish him the best of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread