$4000 in halves. They walked right out....

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$4000... wow.... 8 boxes of halves is quite the load to haul out!

Grats on your silver!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on those Walkers, Frankies and Kennedys!!!

Hey Mark I've got a question. How much do those $1000 boxes weigh? I'm getting my first this weekend and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm so used to finding just 40%-ers that I may need to be revived if I find any 90%-ers!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Immy said:
WTG on those Walkers, Frankies and Kennedys!!!

Hey Mark I've got a question. How much do those $1000 boxes weigh? I'm getting my first this weekend and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm so used to finding just 40%-ers that I may need to be revived if I find any 90%-ers!

The boxes that I get only hold $500, but they aren't too bad as far as weight goes. They aren't light either, but not too heavy to manage. I'm guessing the $1000 is fairly manageable as well, you just might need help getting the door open. As for carrying $4000 in halves out... wow, several trips, haha. :)

OP
OP
jersey junkie

jersey junkie

Jan 14, 2006
new jersey
myscale says they weigh about 25 lbs each. I know the head teller at the bank and she gets me whatever I want. I tried asking for gold coins (real gold) but she had none...what a suprise.

Hey AFMODELL....hate the game not the playa....

HH

mark
www.gas50.com

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Doh! I forgot to moderate my own post. I dont hate anyone jersey...im just understandably jealous. :)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
For a man the $500.00 box of halves is nothing to pick up. For me being a woman it's damn heavy. lol When I ordered 4 boxes a few weeks ago I told the teller that I would carry one box out at a time and one of the male tellers stacked all four boxes on top of each other and picked them up. :o

He probably weighes about 125 pounds,very tall and quite thin. I told him not to do that he might pull some muscles or get a hernia and he said it's not a problem at all. Then he said he already has a bad back. I told him he really shouldn't pick them up and to put them down,but he was sweet guy and he carried them to my car. I'm not sure if he was trying to impress me or what! lol

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennyworth said:
For a man the $500.00 box of halves is nothing to pick up. For me being a woman it's damn heavy. lol When I ordered 4 boxes a few weeks ago I told the teller that I would carry one box out at a time and one of the male tellers stacked all four boxes on top of each other and picked them up. :o

He probably weighes about 125 pounds,very tall and quite thin. I told him not to do that he might pull some muscles or get a hernia and he said it's not a problem at all. Then he said he already has a bad back. I told him he really shouldn't pick them up and to put them down,but he was sweet guy and he carried them to my car. I'm not sure if he was trying to impress me or what! lol

Haha, well if you walked in alone then I bet he was trying to impress you ;)

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I tried to be macho and carry 2 boxes out at one time. Liked to kill me especially when I had to unlock the car. Of cource I'm "OOO" old, Overweight and our of shape.

P

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a summer roofing and we had contests to see who could carry the most squares of shingles up the ladder and put them on the roof. They weighed around 90 lbs or so and the best I could do was three, but we had a guy that could do 4.

Just reminds me of how macho we try to act when carrying out coins. The most I've done is a box of $500 in halves and two $100 boxes of nickels, which weighed a freaking ton it felt like!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I got the half boxes the girl teller had to pick them up off the floor. When I saw her do it with a certain amount of ease I thought "Hey, maybe they're not too heavy." Wrong! Good thing it was only about 25 feet to my car. Not something you can just throw on your shoulder! The ten $100 bills were definitely lighter! :D

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Immy said:
When I got the half boxes the girl teller had to pick them up off the floor. When I saw her do it with a certain amount of ease I thought "Hey, maybe they're not too heavy." Wrong! Good thing it was only about 25 feet to my car. Not something you can just throw on your shoulder! The ten $100 bills were definitely lighter! :D

$100 bills are always nice to carry out of the bank as well ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread