dimes and bank setup

kurtma12

Apr 19, 2009
Georgia
searched $1000, found 2 rosies. 62 and 56. not too bad

I had mentioned this a while back, but wanted to share again just to give people more ideas/possibilities

One of my regular banks let me know I couldn't order anymore halves about a year ago. They said it cost too much to order. They rarely order for themselves and usually have enough on hand for business from customer dropoffs. They also said they couldn't charge a fee to order more, because they don't have a policy for that, so it wouldn't make sense to establish a fee that was just for me. However, I have some good deposits there, so we came to a comprimise. Anytime they are going to ship out coin (except pennies), they will call me. I then go pick up the customer rolled money, search them, and return them there, already in their bank shipping bag to them. Usually the same day. This way, they are not ordering or shipping any more than usual, so their cost doesn't change. Also, it's a no questions dropoff. The tellers like it because they don't have to unroll all the coin into the bags and the manager likes it because I keep my deposits. In the last year, they average about 1 dime bag every 2 weeks and 1 nickel shipment a month. i think only 1 half shipment this year, which is unfortunate, but understandable. I stopped doing their quarters when i realized 4 laundromats bank there and they ship about 3 bags a week. After 50 thousand dollars in quarters and no silver, I came to the conclusion silver might not work in their laundry machines.

It's not much to search just every couple of weeks, but it's good to have a no hassle setup when everywhere else is getting more difficult

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Familiarity breeds contempt. That setup my be ok now, but just give it time before someone blows the whistle. You are breaking a crh commandment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread