CRH connections

courtjesterclown

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado/West Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III, Ace 250, Bullseye 120
I've read that alot of you will ask the teller to call you if they get some customer halves in on a deposit. What im wondering is, do you just give your number to the teller and explain to them what you are doing? Should i only give my number to the banks that i have an account at? Im just trying to prepare myself for what i might expect when i make my rounds to try and set up some connections at my local banks. Any input or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
I give my "business card" to EVERY teller.

I call it my "business card" because it isn't really my business card, just a card that has my name, number, and email on it, along with a fake company and a fake job title.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Lol NEVER explain what you are doing exactly. Just tell them you collect coins. I have a system now that would take a book to explain in detail. I [if a member] will ask for other coins [like pennies] to throw the attention away from the halves. Depending on the bank, long lines, and the look on a tellers face i MAY start asking questions.

1. Do u get halves.
2. Does somebody like me collect them.

If i find out they get halves but nobody regularly collects them i try to see if they sent them back. If they did and the teller looks friendly i will leave my number.

Note that if they send them back they may have come from a collectors dump.Also note they may have a score mixed with a dump.

There are many variables for me when hunting which makes this hobby challenging.

My favorite is getting halves from a teller who is holding them for somebody else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread