Still looking for a Ben but found some walkers and kennedys

merlin8u

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2005
Stopped at a bank on the way home from an auction today and got 300 dollars in halves (all they had). Well I asked the lady at the desk whether they get them in a lot and she told me that they don't that the ones they had have been there a while. Well I am going back to that bank tomorrow to see if they have any dollar coins. I would've went back today but didn't check coins till I got home and the bank was closed.
All in all I got 14 walkers (first ones I have ever gotten), and 78 Kennedy's.
1940 - 1
1941 - 1
1942 - 1
1943 - 1
1944 - 5
1945 - 5
1964 - 2
1965 - 3
1966 - 3
1967 - 32
1968 - 17
1969 - 19
banksilver.jpg

Hoping to get some Morgans tomorrow. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• banksilver2.jpg
    banksilver2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one of the best turnouts all year! WTG!!

OP
OP
M

merlin8u

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2005
well We went out and looked for another bank to start dumping our halves and went into a local bank the other day. I had 670 dollars in halves and I thought that they were going to give me a hard time returning them but they didn't bat an eye. When the teller asked me what I was doing with that many halves I told her that I was going through looking for old coins. Then I told her I actually got 14 walkers out of a roll last week and the teller on the other end of the counter said I have a roll of walkers in my drawer. Well my heart about stopped and I did a double take. I asked her how much she wanted for them and she said she didn't know what they were worth. I offered her 50 dollars for them but she said she would think about it. Well I continued to turn in my halves and then the teller asked if I had an account with them. When I said that I didn't she asked if I wanted one. I told her next time I come in I would. Then she asked me if she could have my name and number so she could get credit for a referral and I said sure and gave it to her. After she got my name and number she told the other teller that if she made up her mind and wanted to sell the walkers to me she had my number. Well when I was done turning in my halves I asked the other teller if she really had a roll of walkers and she said sure you want to look at them? I said sure and she took a roll out of her drawer and spread them out on her counter. I looked at them and then offered her 75 dollars for the roll. She still didn't know if she wanted to sell them. I took out 75 bucks and put it on the counter and that sealed the deal. I know that is not the same as getting halves and going through them but I thought that they were worth it. Well I took 560 dollars in halves there yesterday and turned them in and opened an account there. I haven't asked if they can order boxes yet but I plan on doing that soon. I told the tellers there that if they find any other walkers like that I would give them the same deal.
Well HH
Oh By the way I went back to that bank where I got the first 14 and asked if they had any dollars and they didn't so I will have to look for morgan somewhere else. Oh well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions