Add um up

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
Well i can add two more dimes to the stack of the year. Totals so far are 374 rosies, 20 mercs, and 8 Canadians ranging from 46 with a star (not sure what that means, any help?) to the early 60's. I did get a scary comment today which didn't make much sense to me. The bank that I dropped coins off at I am a member of and its a self serve machine which is free for anyone. I turned in my slip and asked if they could get me 2 boxes of dimes. She came back with what I asked for and she asked for my licence which I handed over and then I asked if she wanted my account number which then she replied that if I gave her my account she would have to charge me for the boxes but she wasn't sure how much each box would cost. (I did not press the issue or ask any questions I just thanked her and left the store) This is what doesn't make sense to me it would be free for someone who didn't have an account but it would cost money for someone that did. HUH. I laugh. I'm not sure if I should bring cookies or just forget about it and come back in a few weeks. I have used this bank for the past year and a half some tellers know me and she is newer and I think on crack but I digress. I hope this works out well I'm pretty sure it will because I'm awesome.
GL and HH,
Frank

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Add yum up

Frank, are you sure that's not a '47 canadian with the maple leaf near the date?
Man you sure have hauled the dimes in! I really burned out early in the year after hitting dimes hard for the last few years....do you keep track of $ searched? ffd

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excuse me, but did you say you're dumping and picking up at the same bank? Could be the problem.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
T

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used

fistfulladirt said:
Frank, are you sure that's not a '47 canadian with the maple leaf near the date?
Man you sure have hauled the dimes in! I really burned out early in the year after hitting dimes hard for the last few years....do you keep track of $ searched? ffd

You know I think you are right but what does the maple leaf mean???

enamel7 said:
Excuse me, but did you say you're dumping and picking up at the same bank? Could be the problem.
HH
enamel7

The fact that I am dumping and picking up does not make a difference. In fact all of my dump banks are my pickup banks and I'm problem free. It's about being respectful about it. I don't get my coins look through them and bring them back within the hour. Anyone that does this should be charged the idiot fee and get slapped. The only banks that I don't dump at are the banks that charge me a percentage for going over a certain amount. If you read my post the way that she told me it was free for non customers but a fee would be applied for account holders is what I thought was interesting.
GL and HH,
Frank

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Maple leaf on the 1947 Canadian coinage - something about George VI King of India, and India becoming independent in '47, "emperor of India" needed to be dropped from the coin.
The maple leaf was added to the '47 dated coin to signify that the coins were actually struck in 1948.

OP
OP
T

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Rich Hartford said:
Frank, you are doing great with those dimes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. I bet you get 600 before the year is up
HH
Rich

Thanks Rich. Six hundred might be pushing it but I'm hoping for five hundred. But if I get to five hundred The sights will defiantly be set there.
GL and HH,
Frank

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't dump at my pickup banks. I've read posts on here where it can cause problems. So I use different banks to pick up and dump at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread