Took a little trip...

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Hey everybody! I had some fun this weekend. I hope you all did too! Happy Memorial Day to all of our service members, past and present.

After my boondoggle with the armored shipping company and my halves I was itching to hit up soem banks and find some lovely shiny silver. Unfortunately, I was going to meet my girlfriend and her folks in Dallas (shes got an internship this summer) and then go from there to her home town. So, while not excited with driving for 5 hours, I was excited that I would be travelling within the hallowed and storied hours of the Saturday motorbank! Yes! So, within about an hour of Dallas I discovered I was well ahead of my meeting time, so I decided to stop in a small town and try my luck. I hit the only two motor banks and captured $160 dollars in rolled halves. $50 was in the tight automatic rolls, and the other $110 in old brown hand rolls, some labeled. On my initial impression I was disappointed because the ones that were labeled said 1976 1776, BIC, Keep BIC, and that was it. I cracked a few of them open to see if there was any good stuff, and was stymied. Drats. Fast forward about 6 hours, the halves are sitting in a bag on my floor and I am now driving my girlfriend home and I ask her to open up the rest of the rolls and see whats there. She open 6 of them, and decides shes ready to quit because I am being a smartalec about her lack of results. :) Well, finally, no kidding, in the last roll, is a full roll of 1967. Its the first time Ive ever opened a full roll of silver coins. I nearly drove off the road. :) Haha. I cant wait to get back to those banks and hit the main lobbies! Hope you all had good Memorial Day weekends.

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going AFM! A solid roll is something we all hope to find someday. But might I suggest not opening rolls during the commute! ;) We wish you luck but we also hope you stay in one piece. That goes for passengers too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread