Dime avg seems to be falling

AGninja

Dec 1, 2010
Picked up 8 boxes between today and yesterday. Ive noticed that the dates are all current (mid december) - it appears that these have on average less keepers than even just back in november. Average production is about 1.5-2 per box. Last month a good average was 3-4 per box.

all in all i found

'44 merc - 1
'51-'64 roosers - 8
'64 Quarter - 1

Not great but not complaining.

im still very wary of halves - contemplating ordering 2 boxes for next week but theyre such a pain to go through for such little return. Sounds like the majority of the huge finds anymore are coming from secret stashes in bank vaults or from bags, not brinks boxes. I cant even order brinks boxes in my area as ive noted that the past 5 have been 90% marked by sharpie (aka someones dumps).

hoping that dimes and quarters stay consistent as we see price of silver skyrocket in 2011

Upvote 0

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGninja said:
.....im still very wary of halves - contemplating ordering 2 boxes for next week but theyre such a pain to go through for such little return.......

I disagree.

Half box = 1,000 coins
Dime box = 2,500 coins

Half box with only one 40% keeper = .1479 troy ounces of silver.
Dime box with only two keepers = .14468 troy ounces of silver.

Half box after searching has 999 coins to dump.
Dime box after searching has 2,498 coins to dump.

By all means search what you like, but your reasoning above is flawed.

HH

Nick

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA
My averages must be falling off the cliff for most then. I get 0.5 silver dimes per box with the occasional 3+ in a box.

:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread