Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cowtown Treasure Hunters is one of the sponsors of the Kerrville, TX kids hunt. This is a metal detecting planted hunt for handicapped & disadvantaged kids. Foreign coins are buried just under the surface (or sometimes just in the grass) and the kids use metal detectors (with the assistance of helpers) to find them. Naturally the kids keep all the coins they find. Silver coins were used in early hunts but the kids put them into soda machines, so that made for some expensive sodas. If you have any foreign coins that you have found while CRHing and would like to donate them to a good cause, please PM me. Several folks here sent coins last year which helped out tremendously. If you are wondering what goes on in the hunt, below are a couple of links to the past couple of years hunts. I have posted this in the copper and nickel boards also, knowing some folks do not crh all denonimations.

http://www.texascouncil.net/photos/kerrville_hunt 2010.htm

http://www.texascouncil.net/photos/kerrville_hunt_2009.htm

Upvote 0

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow..Thats really cool..Im picking up a box of Halves next Tuesday....im sure i could let a some go for a good cause..

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. Since you are in the local area, if you know Ed Pavlisek, he is the one who coordinates getting the coins to the folks who put on the Kerrville hunt. He had a big empty plastic jug on the front table at our last Cowtown THer's meeting, which reminded me I needed to get the posts out.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blkcwbyhat said:
Sweet idea! I have a bunch of worthless,to me,coins... I'd be happy to donate them!!

Awesome!! PM sent. Thanks for the help. As soon as they come in I will take them to the next meeting of Cowtown TH and get them to Ed.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rileyboy said:
Wayne,
I'll send you some this week. I still have your address.
rileyboy

Sounds great, thanks for the help again!!!!!!

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Wayne,

Mailed the foreigns today including an ancient Roman bronze coin in VG to F condition. It's about 1800 years old! I hope the kids enjoy!

JasonB

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you right now that the turnout you get is going to be beyond your wildest imagination. This group of people pour their hearts out to children. I will go through my stash and forward some on.

Do you mind if they are Nazi coins? I have several of them I can include if you want them.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
I can tell you right now that the turnout you get is going to be beyond your wildest imagination. This group of people pour their hearts out to children. I will go through my stash and forward some on.

Do you mind if they are Nazi coins? I have several of them I can include if you want them.
I dont think there is a problem with them being Nazi coins, but I will separate them out anyway and take them in with the others and point that out to them. If they say they would rather not, I will take them back home and send them back. They even take the old shell president tokens, just any coinlike object that cannot be readily spent, so I am not anticipating any issues with those.

FreedomUIC, Goose-0 and Argblat - got your PM's and sent you my snail mail addy. Thanks so much for the help.

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
Sorry for my delay...being a newbie,it took me a while to find my PM's. Got a handful of odd's and ends on the way today! This is really a great idea!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wayne1956 said:
FreedomUIC said:

I dont think there is a problem with them being Nazi coins, but I will separate them out anyway and take them in with the others and point that out to them. If they say they would rather not, I will take them back home and send them back. They even take the old shell president tokens, just any coinlike object that cannot be readily spent, so I am not anticipating any issues with those.

FreedomUIC, Goose-0 and Argblat - got your PM's and sent you my snail mail addy. Thanks so much for the help.

I didn't bother sending them, figured they might stir up some issues you don't need. Enjoy the box when it arrives and watch the
look on the kids face when they find/discover them. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

undergrounddrew

Jan 16, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Technetics G2 Fisher F75 Black, Minelab 3030,Minelab X-Terra 705 and more!!!
Send me the snail mail address, I have some I can send!

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Wayne, what's our deadline for getting them to you ? I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow and depending on what they find,I may have a whole bunch of coins. Thanks for letting us help. Jim

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
Wayne, what's our deadline for getting them to you ? I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow and depending on what they find,I may have a whole bunch of coins. Thanks for letting us help. Jim

Now take a second and re-read what you just typed. What are you expecting them to find. ROFLMAO :notworthy:

undergrounddrew

Jan 16, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Technetics G2 Fisher F75 Black, Minelab 3030,Minelab X-Terra 705 and more!!!
Now that is funny!!!!
Treasure can be hidden anywhere I guess!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread