Rydale Setup?

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
kalebdad said:
How do you guys have your Rydales set up so you can sort and catch. I find the box setup I am using way too much of a pain. I am thinking of building a table with a catch table on the copper side so I can do a quick wheat search and a bucket to catch the Zincs. Any suggestions?

Don't do the bucket unless you watch it. It is not "copper" side and "zinc" side. It is "copper" side and "reject" side. All things not of the same copper content go to the reject side.

that being said, older wheats (1941 and older) many times go to the reject side, since the copper composition doesn't match the target in your slot. So every time i sort, I keep my eyes on the reject side AS I sort. If I see dark colored pennies kick out, I flip them over to see if they are wheat. I don't lose the older wheats that way. It really doesn't add any time to your sort, as you are dumping them in on top anyway. But keeping an eye on the rejct side helps. After I am done, THEN I look at the copper side, and look at them ALL, to pull out the wheats there. FYI.

bgretz1989

Dec 28, 2008
the way i do it is to run copper accept first then change over and run zinc accept. that will put the rejected wheats (from the zinc) in reject the box. you still have to check through your copper for wheats and canadians

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread